DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I'm a DRONE PILOT now

Rchawks

Reactions
Freezing cold and windy here for days, I couldn't take it anymore and fired my MM up indoors for the first time. I had a total of 3- 5 sec. flights, yeah! After all the reading and hours of watching videos and when it came down to it I was still taken aback at how out of sync I was with the controls. Last time I flew was 10 or 12 yrs ago and I lost my plane due to radio failure, so it's been awhile. Felt good though I must say. My only goal was to hover for a few secs to see how the throttle felt. With the downward sensors it had a different feel than what I expected. I was also surprised how much fun something that simple was.

I was also surprised how much fun something that simple was.

Its nearly midnight now on the West Coast, but reading your post got me so fired up that I want to slap on my Cree LEDs and fly around the neighborhood already!

Old Glory’s flapping around pretty strong out there, too. ’Kinda like a mating call for Mavic Minis and their new owners!! ;)

Its nearly midnight now on the West Coast, but reading your post got me so fired up that I want to slap on my Cree LEDs and fly around the neighborhood already!

Old Glory’s flapping around pretty strong out there, too. ’Kinda like a mating call for Mavic Minis and their new owners!! ;)
Ah west coast, sunshine, girls in bikinis, and life in the sun,LOL!

If my first flights yesterday hovering for three 5 sec flights meant I graduated 1st grade, after todays flying in the house means I'm up to about 3rd grade. Flew around the kitchen with the table removed and got a solid feel of the controls. I even flew room to room, getting very easy now. Now outside will be very different at first trying to put it all together and dealing with the bright sun and trying to read the controls on the screen while flying. I can understand how someone who"s never really flown would be over confidant from the drone"s stability in flight. Add incredible range to the mix and what a witches brew that is.

Reactions: pelagic_one
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98