DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I'm a Quadriplegic and here's my drone video

It means all 4 limbs are affected. That doesn’t necessarily mean you can’t move them at all. There is a girl who I work with that is considered a quad but she can actual stand and walk with crutches. She uses a wheelchair daily for efficiency but she can move a 4 limbs.
Good to learn something new everyday. Keep up the good work flying. Hope to see more of your posts!

I have a spinal cord injury and am a quadriplegic now, but I was able to modify my remote controller and create a custom macro to help me fly the drone and do certain intelligent modes including a custom made one. It's a basic video, nothing fancy at all, hope you enjoy.
We'll done, I hope it gives you years of fun! On a side note, if you can push yourself around like that, you're a paraplegic, not a quadriplegic. ;)

Whoa Man,

You're really trucking around that lot! When I was a student at MIT (known for its lo-o-o-o-ong corridors), there was a chap in a wheelchair taking classes there too (at least I presume he was. Maybe it was summer classes?) who'd book down the halls just shy of Mach-3 with the occasional 30-ft long wheelie. Was really impressive. Just to say, go wild!
Also, have you heard of the FT Aviator Drone Flight Controller ? "The astronaut-designed, DJI-compatible FT Aviator puts flight control in a single hand, rather than two thumbs, for an intuitive, precise and fun way to fly! "

Might be just the thing for you to up your game ... might not, but check it out. I signed up for one a few months ago and I hear they are approaching production now ...

Cheers and Congrats!

jb

Have you seen the new one hand controller from FLUIDITY?
Maybe some interest as it is very different than others.

I have a spinal cord injury and am a quadriplegic now, but I was able to modify my remote controller and create a custom macro to help me fly the drone and do certain intelligent modes including a custom made one. It's a basic video, nothing fancy at all, hope you enjoy.

Kind of liberating isn't it? Very good, enjoyed it.

Some very smooth moves there keep up the good work.

Reactions: Brookfield30
I love it when people like you show society that you’re not handicapped but just a little inconvenienced. Bravo sir, keep on persevering.
I fully agree with what you say Clem.

You might have bits of your body that don't quite work at all Dapectin, but it's brilliant to see someone who's making good use of everything else!

Keep up the good work :)

Excellent! Keep developing those skills! Don't let any obstacles stop you! You can be the best drone pilot around!

We'll done, I hope it gives you years of fun! On a side note, if you can push yourself around like that, you're a paraplegic, not a quadriplegic. ;)
I am a quadriplegic. I have a C5 incomplete and T7 spinal cord injury. Quadriplegic means there is loss of movement and/or loss of sensation in 3 or 4 limbs, the loss of movement or sensation can be total or partial, allowing someone to move an affected limb partially. Here's a link to what Quadriplegic means and is . Definition of QUADRIPLEGIC . and here's another link . Tetraplegia - Wikipedia

Reactions: PTBperegrine
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000