DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I'm afraid to try it...

I found the 'Home Lock' feature really useful the first time I made a big 'away' flight. Home Lock makes it possible for you to use the right-hand stick in a mode where you push it forward and the drone goes away from you, and pull it back and the drone comes back to you - no matter what way the Mavic is pointing! This allows you to to do all the up & down and yaw that you want to do, but takes out that need to get the drone pointed exactly back at you to bring it home. That first time you let your Mavic go to 120 metres and half a km away, can be pretty nerve wracking - but once done, you'll be doing it all the time!

What is 'Home Lock' I can't find any mention of it in the User Guide?

I'm the OP and I'm 73. I'm pretty much over the 'worries' now because i am far more familiar with it. The M2P is AUD $2,400 in Australia so it's not something you want to break or lose.

You are very advanced relatively to your cohort. Its not for the faith hearted. I am sure you will find the functions extremely confusing. Let alone the camera setting itself. But it is fun in every way id say.

Reactions: noosaguy
I found the 'Home Lock' feature really useful the first time I made a big 'away' flight. Home Lock makes it possible for you to use the right-hand stick in a mode where you push it forward and the drone goes away from you, and pull it back and the drone comes back to you - no matter what way the Mavic is pointing! This allows you to to do all the up & down and yaw that you want to do, but takes out that need to get the drone pointed exactly back at you to bring it home. That first time you let your Mavic go to 120 metres and half a km away, can be pretty nerve wracking - but once done, you'll be doing it all the time!
Unfortunately the M2P doesn't have Home Lock - it's one of the things that I'm hoping they'll add soon.

Reactions: noosaguy
You are very advanced relatively to your cohort. Its not for the faith hearted. I am sure you will find the functions extremely confusing. Let alone the camera setting itself. But it is fun in every way id say.

Thanks for that. I might be old now but technology has been my interest for as long as I can remember. I'm usually what you might call as 'early adopter', but in the case of drones I've waited patiently for a portable drone with a half decent camera (chip etc). The M2P is the ONLY drone that ever caught my attention and I'me very happy with the results. Not like larger sensor DSLR cameras of course but that's not the point.

To give you an idea about being an early adopter of technology, When Fujitsu released their range of plasma panels years ago, I paid $19,990 for a 42" panel (much to my wife's disgust ;)).

If you can't see the drone, what are you going to do if RTH doesn't work? IE, in compass failure?

The chance of that happening is infinitesimally tiny, assuming you’ve paid due diligence, come on.

I don't see that discussed in the manual or, at least, not as 'home lock.' ( I now see someone mentioned it is not available on the M 2 series)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sikiruikhun