DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I'm confused about my Goggles options for Mavic 2 Zoom

DJI FPV goggles won't work with M2.
You'll have to go 2nd hand white or RE, or try other brands like Yuneec FPV Goggles (with HDMI output from device or adapter), or even Epson Moverio glasses.
Reviving an old thread here, and pardon my ignorance - I figured out what Goggles RE were, but what’s a “second hand white”? A used white something? And to confuse things even more, am I to avoid DJI Goggles that say “FPV” in the description? Thanks.

Reviving an old thread here, and pardon my ignorance - I figured out what Goggles RE were, but what’s a “second hand white”? A used white something? And to confuse things even more, am I to avoid DJI Goggles that say “FPV” in the description? Thanks.

There was a "White" version of the DJI Goggles and M_S_O was merely stating you'll have to find them "Used" (aka 2nd hand) as they are no longer available new.

They are talking about the goggles that come with the DJI FPV System. They are great goggles but they only work with aircraft that have the DJI FPV system which Mavics do NOT.

@BigAl07 nailed it above, the original DJI Goggles were white, then they brought out the RE edition.

Further, even the RE goggles are no longer made / supplied by DJI, though you still might find SOME at retailers etc, older stock.

DJI have virtually abandoned pilots who like using their original white or RE goggles, and have upgraded drones since the M2, though if you can find them either new or 2nd hand, you can link them to many other drones via cable adapter.

Original white and RE goggles were basically the same, apart from the obvious colour, a little less latency with the RE goggles, but in reality most flying with the DJI consumer drones a pilot would not really notice this at all.

DJI FPV Goggles are only compatible with the DJI FPV drone or DJI Air unit (there might be a couple of others they work with for general FVP type drone cameras), not designed to work with other older or newer models besides the DJI FPV drone system.

Thank you all, for your informative answers. Some confusion on my part remains in that sellers on Ebay and Amazon include “FPV” in their For Sale listings.

I think the trick is, if I can see a picture of the original packaging, if the the box doesn‘t say “FPV” anywhere on it, but just ”DJI Googles” (and everyone I’ve seen for sale has been white), then I’m looking at the correct, compatible product.

Thank you all, for your informative answers. Some confusion on my part remains in that sellers on Ebay and Amazon include “FPV” in their For Sale listings.

I think the trick is, if I can see a picture of the original packaging, if the the box doesn‘t say “FPV” anywhere on it, but just ”DJI Googles” (and everyone I’ve seen for sale has been white), then I’m looking at the correct, compatible product.

These are the white goggles . . .

71HMeL-pRGL.jpg

These the RE . . .

4d0e16a2-f0b7-4954-a6bb-99fcb0aa4c1f.__CR0,0,970,600_PT0_SX970_V1___.jpg

As you aren't the OP, in which this thread was relating to their M2 drone, I checked your other posts, and you are flying a Mavic Mini ?

If so, the mini isn't designed to work with the white or re goggles either, but you can use white or re goggles with some adaption it seems.
I do this with my Spark drone, can link with hdmi adapter and micro usb, but unlike when flying with the occusync M1P, where I can use a device screen and goggles simultaneously, with the Spark I can only use goggles.
So I usually take off with goggles flipped up, then when away a bit and hovering, flip them down to go fly.

Note, usually an observer is needed for FPV ops, so I rarely use my re goggles for this on the Spark, preferring to just use the goggles for a 2nd person to wear, having a pilots seat view while I fly as normal with the ipad.

There are ways around a goggles view only, with a mirroring bluetooth device, threads on that have been posted here before, such as these from a quick > mini goggles < search . . .

Search results for query: mini goggles

Videos such as in this post explain a bluetooth mirroring device . . .

These are the white goggles . . .

71HMeL-pRGL.jpg

These the RE . . .

4d0e16a2-f0b7-4954-a6bb-99fcb0aa4c1f.__CR0,0,970,600_PT0_SX970_V1___.jpg

As you aren't the OP, in which this thread was relating to their M2 drone, I checked your other posts, and you are flying a Mavic Mini ?

If so, the mini isn't designed to work with the white or re goggles either, but you can use white or re goggles with some adaption it seems.
I do this with my Spark drone, can link with hdmi adapter and micro usb, but unlike when flying with the occusync M1P, where I can use a device screen and goggles simultaneously, with the Spark I can only use goggles.
So I usually take off with goggles flipped up, then when away a bit and hovering, flip them down to go fly.

Note, usually an observer is needed for FPV ops, so I rarely use my re goggles for this on the Spark, preferring to just use the goggles for a 2nd person to wear, having a pilots seat view while I fly as normal with the ipad.

There are ways around a goggles view only, with a mirroring bluetooth device, threads on that have been posted here before, such as these from a quick > mini goggles < search . . .

Search results for query: mini goggles

Videos such as in this post explain a bluetooth mirroring device . . .

Hi! Very observant of you, and thanks for the information above. I'm actually the proud owner of a Mavic Mini, a Mavic 2 Zoom, and a Tello.

Of the three, I find myself flying the Mavic 2 Zoom most often, though now that you've given me the idea, I'm likely to try using some type of Goggle setup with my Mini.

Thanks again.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTBennett00