DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I'm confused

Reactions
Sorry I started looking through posts and didn't find an answer to my confusion. I recently sent my MP for replacement due to broken gimble. When I received the replacement I noticed that my ND filters no longer fit and the gimble will not calibrate at start up and causes gimble overload. Now the question I got is why would it work on my old one and not the replacement? Have the gimble and cameras changed sizes at all since its release? How can I resolve this issue? Sorry if this types of question have been asked

I have never heard anything about the sizes changing but I do remember someone posting that the more recent Mavics have a slightly different gimbal design. If anything just get the DJI ND filters and you should be good to go.

Rob

I have never heard anything about the sizes changing but I do remember someone posting that the more recent Mavics have a slightly different gimbal design. If anything just get the DJI ND filters and you should be good to go.

Rob
Thank you so much for the response. That does make total sense change the design to make more compact and areas get smaller causing it to jam up.

Are they too big (loose) or too small (tight) for the lens?

I think they fit on, but the gimble now hangs up due to added width of the filter.

At least that is my forensic analysis of this thread.

I think they fit on, but the gimble now hangs up due to added width of the filter.

At least that is my forensic analysis of this thread.
Yes that is correct it does hang up on the gimbal. I am curious as to why they worked no problems whatsoever with the original but hang up since I received the replacement drone. Is it safe to install the filters after startup or should it be done before

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998