DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I'm Hooked! New Pilot Check-in

Artiro

Reactions
Hello all! Very new pilot here....but definitely hooked. Started off with a HS520 and that wasn't cutting it and ended up buying a used (low flight time) Mavic Pro Platinum with Mavic Goggles. Already thinking about the Mavic 2 Pro! I'm reading everything, learning and flying whenever possible! A little cold right now here in MI. Drone registered and contemplating the Part107 license. So much to learn about these drones...using Kittyhawk on all my flights, UAV Forecast for weather and lots of YouTube videos on settings and best practices. I will definitely be using this forum for more advice! Looking forward to the input!
IMG_5461.jpg

Last edited:
Hello from the Hoosier Heartland Artiro.

Looks like your off to a good start.

Welcom to the Forum. :cool:

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

@Artiro are you sure its a MPP ,i only ask because in the photo its using standard MP1 props not the low noise ones that came with the MPP ,it will fly ok with them but to benefit from the ESC upgrade and the slight increase in flight time you really need the low noise props to be fitted ,plus the drone is a lot stealthier with them on

@Artiro are you sure its a MPP ,i only ask because in the photo its using standard MP1 props not the low noise ones that came with the MPP ,it will fly ok with them but to benefit from the ESC upgrade and the slight increase in flight time you really need the low noise props to be fitted ,plus the drone is a lot stealthier with them on
Good catch "old man"....yes, it is MPP. I did switch out the yellow tipped for the others....just happened to be the black ones when I took the pic. Ended up buying two non-Mavic batteries, which you can tell in this pic. I skinned the drone within the first month of flying :)IMG_5538.JPG

@Artiro ,no worries i was just concerned you had been duped by the previous owner, and that the skin was already fitted, which would hide the decals on the front arms ,i guess i am sad to notice such things ,just dont like to see others being conned

@Artiro ,no worries i was just concerned you had been duped by the previous owner, and that the skin was already fitted, which would hide the decals on the front arms ,i guess i am sad to notice such things ,just dont like to see others being conned
Trust me.....VERY skeptical when I purchased it. Bought through FB-Marketplace and it was local. Guy was really cool and really hadn't flow the drone much. Got a good price and have had no problems. Was reading on the forums about all the eBay stuff. LOL.....can't tell you how many times I've bid on M2P's in the past 3 months. Never won any, buts dying to find out what happened when someone purchased one. Did it come as stated? Based these forums, I'm guessing not. Guess I'm lucky I haven't won one :)

Hello all! Very new pilot here....but definitely hooked. Started off with a HS520 and that wasn't cutting it and ended up buying a used (low flight time) Mavic Pro Platinum with Mavic Goggles. Already thinking about the Mavic 2 Pro! I'm reading everything, learning and flying whenever possible! A little cold right now here in MI. Drone registered and contemplating the Part107 license. So much to learn about these drones...using Kittyhawk on all my flights, UAV Forecast for weather and lots of YouTube videos on settings and best practices. I will definitely be using this forum for more advice! Looking forward to the input!
View attachment 123713
Welcome to the forum from the Rocky Mountains of Colorado! I'm also contemplating getting my Part 107. Happy and safe flying!

Welcome to the forum and enjoy.

Please use one of the best forum search options.

Please share your pictures, videos and knowledge about your drones.

Welcome to the forum. We look forward to your participation and more of your view of the world.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catalinbbc27