DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I'm impressed

microlinux

Reactions
I got out for my maiden flight tonight and I am thoroughly impressed so far.

This thing is quiet as all get out. For a split second my brain told me something was wrong when I took off . . .

The build quality is very good, especially when you consider they only had 249g to work with. I'm baffled we still can't get a gimbal cover you can feel 100% confident about putting on.

Handling is impressive as always. Obviously the weight lends to more wind issues, but everything is nice and tight.

The DJI RC is really nice for what you pay. I typically use a tablet as my eyes aren't getting any better, but I found the screen to be very usable. Beautiful quality and quite bright. I've seen comments about the build quality, but it feels completely solid to me. Honestly, this is a heck of a deal. I look forward to more impromptu flying.

I can see this becoming my primary flyer, I'm anything but a professional photographer.

The gimbal cover is a little twitchy, but not bad when you get the knack of it. Push it on from straight ahead. There are some simpler third-party alternatives available if it's really bothersome to you.

The one annoyance I had for the first week or so was getting the SD card in and out of the recessed slot. But ,like the Mavic 3, it works just fine with the battery removed.

Have fun. I'm delighted with mine. The lower perceived sound level and the simplicity of the RC make it a charmer.

The gimbal cover is a little twitchy, but not bad when you get the knack of it. Push it on from straight ahead. There are some simpler third-party alternatives available if it's really bothersome to you.

It's not that bad, just a little clunky given the marvel the rest of the drone is. I shall survive.

Reactions: MS Coast
I agree with everything you said ,I got one of these & it is so much easier....https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004506613360.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.6de2608d95745m&algo_pvid=56b30879-9fe1-4b9d-b246-d1dd7e5ec15f&algo_exp_id=56b30879-9fe1-4b9d-b246-d1dd7e5ec15f-26&pdp_ext_f=%7B%22sku_id%22%3A%2212000029402816480%22%7D&pdp_npi=2%40dis%21AUD%219.41%215.64%21%21%21%21%21%40210318c216594222391508139e871b%2112000029402816480%21sea

Reactions: microlinux
I agree with everything you said ,I got one of these & it is so much easier....https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004506613360.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.6de2608d95745m&algo_pvid=56b30879-9fe1-4b9d-b246-d1dd7e5ec15f&algo_exp_id=56b30879-9fe1-4b9d-b246-d1dd7e5ec15f-26&pdp_ext_f=%7B%22sku_id%22%3A%2212000029402816480%22%7D&pdp_npi=2%40dis%21AUD%219.41%215.64%21%21%21%21%21%40210318c216594222391508139e871b%2112000029402816480%21sea
I’ve purchased one of these awhile back from another seller and I’m waiting for it to arrive.
One buyer left a review stating not to use as it applies pressure to the gimbal.
Have you experienced this issue?
I suspect he may have tried fitting the gimbal protector incorrectly.

I think that may have been user error too. I found it very easy to fit , even in the dark & haven't placed it incorrectly even once
That’s reassuring. The inside of the gimbal protector looks like it has a series of horizontal and vertical chamfered plastic supports that locate and secure the camera and gimbal for storage and transportation. What is the gap tolerance between the camera and gimbal and those plastic supports?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Reactions: ssvdh66
I just ordered one of those too, looks like the one @ssvdh66 posted but faster shipping.

The other cover is smaller, but still covers the motion sensors. I might have got that one if I had seen it first, but the smiley face sold me. This and a prop holder have my mini 3 wrapped up nicely.

The one annoyance I had for the first week or so was getting the SD card in and out of the recessed slot. But ,like the Mavic 3, it works just fine with the battery removed.

Have fun. I'm delighted with mine. The lower perceived sound level and the simplicity of the RC make it a charmer.
When I got mine I only got the drone and DJIRC. So for the first month both were unprotected in the storage on my bike.. Quickly became my goto drone during my trip thru Colorado. Pictures good but not as good as Mavic 3. Slight mishap caused a Crack on camera so returned to DJI for refresh.. New drone came with flat piece of foam behind the gimbal and when used gimbal stays in place with the stock cover. Got the plus battery's and case. Now I find it hard to justify bringing all 4 drones on trips. MAV3,AIR2,MINI2,And the PRO3.. But I still do because 4+ hrs flight time is always better.. Air2 and mini2 are my explorers and sometimes can get out of vlos, just less afraid of losing them. MINI3 PRO is my GOTO. but don't have a favorite. They all serve a purpose..

Thick guage guitar plectrum. Works a treat. Just watch it when it flings across the room.

I got out for my maiden flight tonight and I am thoroughly impressed so far.

This thing is quiet as all get out. For a split second my brain told me something was wrong when I took off . . .

The build quality is very good, especially when you consider they only had 249g to work with. I'm baffled we still can't get a gimbal cover you can feel 100% confident about putting on.

Handling is impressive as always. Obviously the weight lends to more wind issues, but everything is nice and tight.

The DJI RC is really nice for what you pay. I typically use a tablet as my eyes aren't getting any better, but I found the screen to be very usable. Beautiful quality and quite bright. I've seen comments about the build quality, but it feels completely solid to me. Honestly, this is a heck of a deal. I look forward to more impromptu flying.

I can see this becoming my primary flyer, I'm anything but a professional photographer.
I would like to buy a Mini 3 pro, but I need to sell my DJI fpv drone first.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_