DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I'm not going to update the firmware!

Yeah but I just can't get it done on my PC. The assistant 2 is not connecting to the AC.
But the AC is already updated. Now i'm trying the RC. Should I do it also on PC?
Do it any way you can get it to work. I was able to do the remote update via the remote and app (android), but it consistently failed on the AC. So I tried connected to windows PC running win7, and the drivers installed except for the AC (it showed as unknown device). It would not connect to the assistant, come to find out, the USB 3.0 hub I was using seemed to be causing problems. Once I switched over to the USB 2.0 port on the front of my PC, the assistant recognized it and everything has been fine using direct connection to USB port (2.0 in this case).

WTF? Now I dont have GPS signal and no vision sensors available!?!

If the AC is not connecting to the PC over the USB cable THERE IS A PROBLEM and you should not fly the AC untill you solve the problem.
Same with the RC.

It may appear OK but if it won't connect there is a problem "somewhere"

The reason why I say use the USB cable is that a cable connedtion has far fewer risks compared to a wireless link,
If updating goes wrong you can brick both the AC and the RC.

All it needs is a 1970's era Soviet signal jammer in your area.
That is a joke as a 1970's era Soviet signal jammer is an unsuppressed lawn mower or an arc welder. There are many other things that can cause RF interference during an update. Many that can appear in a residential setting as much as an office one. I believe some air con units and fridges can chuck out some nasty spikes. SO where possible always use a cable for updating.

Hi,

I have DJI Assistant 2 on my PC but it doesn't connect with the drone or RC.
I will probably have to disable the drivers to do so...
I was updating the IMU and Gimbal and I did it perfetc. Then I realize I didn't have green light on Vision Sensors at all. Also the GPS signal was off.
I read somewhere that with poor light the sensors will not work or something like that and the GPS was without signal maybe because I was inside at my office. It was late in the evening and cold outhere so I didn't try it. Today I'm going to try again outside.
AC firmware is up to date. Version 01.00.0200. The RC I couldn't update. It keeps loosing signal and I get that message "network failure" so common these days with hundreds of users.

Last edited:
What OS are you running on our PC?
As for updating the RC, do it by cable from the PC.

If you have poor network reception do NOT use that to update. A failure during update will brick the AC.

BTW where are you based?

I'm running Windows 8.1 and I'm in Portugal.
I tried updating the RC with my PC but it didn't stablish connection.

I'm not worried about the GPS, because I already flew the Mavic once just to try it. That was before calibrating IMU, Gimbal and Compass. Just lift it up took one or two 1 min flights and set it down. It was ok.

I'm running Windows 8.1 and I'm in Portugal.
I tried updating the RC with my PC but it didn't stablish connection.

Win 8 is a bit of a disaster. You would be better with Win10 (or Win 7 but I don't think Assistant 2 will work with Win7)

You should be able to download the firmware to the PC before you start the update. Especially if the network is dubious

I use win 7, it works? Most of the time. I have had to uninstall and reinstall a couple of times.

I went from Win 95 to 98Se to XP then Win7 and finally Win10
Win10 works wit DJI Assistant 2 and the M2P (so far :) )

Though due to my work I still have Win7 and Win XP machines to hand.

BTW Discussing micrpphones in a film makers forum *everyone* says use wired mic's over wireless because of the potential for more errors and problems with wireless. The same applies to updating FW. IF you loose contact with the drone it should RTH or land on it's own. If you have a problem with updating FW it can brick the drone.

At lunch I tried again and the GPS signal is OK. 15 sats.
About the vision sensors keep saying "obstacle avoidance disabled"...
How do I enable without calibrating?
I flew the drone once, just to try it and they were beeping.

Thanks for any help

Just read in DJI forum that the icon will turn green as the drone takes off!
First time I flew the MP2 I didn't realize that!!

I also read that after this last firmware update, it's happening with many mavic 2 pro/zoom owners and DJI will release another firmware to correct it.

Flying the drone right now with this problem can be dangerous...

I'll check on that later.

Last edited:
...About the vision sensors keep saying "obstacle avoidance disabled"...
How do I enable without calibrating?...
Is it enabled in Go 4? Personally, I fly my MP with OA turned off to get better performance but I also can turn it on if needed.

Reactions: dirkclod
Never had any issues updating from the app both M1 and M2P. Something even with spotty or unreliable WiFi. I use an iPhone

Win 8 is a bit of a disaster. You would be better with Win10 (or Win 7 but I don't think Assistant 2 will work with Win7)

You should be able to download the firmware to the PC before you start the update. Especially if the network is dubious
It works with win7, sp1. I don't think it works with 8 or 8.1

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joe153