DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I'm not going to update the firmware!

SnowSkier

Reactions
Is it possible to fly without firmware updates, right?
I mean, if I only calibrate IMU, Gimbal and Vison sensors, I'll be able to fly without problems, wouldn't I?

I'm getting desperate. I've had the drone for 2 weeks and at first it did not fly because of the weather and now I can not get it because of the firmware or I'm afraid something's go wrong with it.
I know there are hundreds of mavic pro 2 owners with the same problem...

This weekend I want to try but I want to make sure that nothing will go wrong!

I like to use DJI Assistant for updating firmware. Wired links are certainly more reliable than wireless links, for starters. And, always update firmware on a full battery. Those two things will decrease the probability of anything going wrong.

The problem is getting the assistant to work or the USB drivers...

I have updated both zoom and pro through the app and a WiFi at the house with no problem at all. There may be some parts of an update that you may want to have, but you certainly don’t have to if you don’t want to. Both I have are current and have not seen any real issues.

Went right through for me on both. No glitch at all.
Maybe I have the super router.

Reactions: erickx
Well, after all I think I have the latest firmware on board. At least the app shows version 01.00.0200 and it's saying the aircratf has been updated to the late version...
And the App also.

So, I think I'm good to go!

Well, after all I think I have the latest firmware on board. At least the app shows version 01.00.0200 and it's saying the aircratf has been updated to the late version...
And the App also.

So, I think I'm good to go!
Remember that the batteries also have firmware. You need to check each battery while you have a good internet connection.

Remember that the batteries also have firmware. You need to check each battery while you have a good internet connection.

Does that mean I have to upgrade each battery with the app?
What can happen if I dont upgrade the batteries?

I updated my M2P via Go 4 and had no issues at all. Just make sure you do each battery as well and you’re golden.

See no reason not to update - adds a good deal of useful functionality.

Sorry about asking but It's my first drone.
Do I have to upgrade the batteries one by one in the app? How shoul I do it? Can you explain?

Thanks

Sorry about asking but It's my first drone.
Do I have to upgrade the batteries one by one in the app? How shoul I do it? Can you explain?

Thanks

Simply update the firmware with one battery and then power down the drone and stick in the next one. Go 4 will then say inconsistent firmware and give you the option to slide to update. Repeat for each battery. Each battery takes a couple of minutes to update.

Simply update the firmware with one battery and then power down the drone and stick in the next one. Go 4 will then say inconsistent firmware and give you the option to slide to update. Repeat for each battery. Each battery takes a couple of minutes to update.

You can simpley upgrade the FW with the M2 connected to the computer and do the FW upgrade With DJI Assistant 2 and close down.
Change battery and power up.
The DJI Assistant 2 will spot the "incompatable FW modules" and ask if you want to update. Confirm the update. when finished close down
Change battery and power up. etc

It is MUCH BETTER to do this using the USB cable and the DJI Assistant than to try and do it via the controller and wireless.

Reactions: windmill
You can simpley upgrade the FW with the M2 connected to the computer and do the FW upgrade With DJI Assistant 2 and close down.
Change battery and power up.
The DJI Assistant 2 will spot the "incompatable FW modules" and ask if you want to update. Confirm the update. when finished close down
Change battery and power up. etc

It is MUCH BETTER to do this using the USB cable and the DJI Assistant than to try and do it via the controller and wireless.

Honestly - I have an MA and an M2P and have always used the app and never had any issues. I would not say it is much better to use Assistant, I see no benefit really - particularly if you are trying faff around getting to work in Windows.

Same for me. I never had any problem updating the FW on my drones, batteries, RC‘s and goggles.
I‘ve all the times used either mobile connection or WiFi and the go4 App. All on iOS devices

mPro 1 and 2.

Honestly - I have an MA and an M2P and have always used the app and never had any issues. I would not say it is much better to use Assistant, I see no benefit really - particularly if you are trying faff around getting to work in Windows.

No problem with Windows.. just done the M2P and multiple batteries and the controller.

There are many more things that can go wrong on an RF link compared to a cable link.
All my computers are hard wired Ethernet.
Using the cable just minimises the opportunity for problems.
Probably the reason why I prefer using the cable is my background is in Avionics RF and embedded systems.

Yeah but I just can't get it done on my PC. The assistant 2 is not connecting to the AC.
But the AC is already updated. Now i'm trying the RC. Should I do it also on PC?

edit: managed to update the AC with the APP, not RC.

Now I have another problem or not. The icon is in red color and that means the "Visions systems currently not available"

"The switch not being turned on, being in S-mode or A-mode, or hardware failure may cause the vision systems to not be available.".

What switch?:rolleyes:

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poppy52