DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I'm not going to update the firmware!

Well guys, this past weekend I took my MP2 and went to the beach near my house and everything went ok, except for a few messages on the RC saying that I need to update firmware and the only thing I know is I was on Tripod Mode and the AC was flying way over the 3.6 Km/h for this mode. Something around 35, 40 km/h...It seems the "T" mode is not working...
Can this be related with firmware update?
Everything else was perfect. I've even took a few shots and posted on youtube. You can see it below:

At some time I got afraid of flying because there was a bunch of seagulls around the AC and I made touchdown.

We never know...

Last edited:
If you want to minimise the risks: update the firmware.
Don't fly if the weather is bad,
In the mean time practice on the simulator.

Pretty hard to practice with the simulator if you're a MAC user. This seems very odd since the apple platform is the only platform that will always work. Many Microsoft systems have serious problems running DJI software due to the wide range of substandard component used in many budget Windows machines.

Pretty hard to practice with the simulator if you're a MAC user. This seems very odd since the apple platform is the only platform that will always work. Many Microsoft systems have serious problems running DJI software due to the wide range of substandard component used in many budget Windows machines.

I use Bootcamp on my Mac to run the simulator w/ Windows 10.

I use assist on a Windows 10 PC using wireless. If I start to update the AC it sits at zero progress unless I unplug the USB. Then it downloads the update pretty fast. I have to Plug the USB back in at about 92% to get it to take. If the timing is off, the update fails. But if I leave the USB plugged in it always fails. Sounds crazy I know, but.....

It sure would be nice to download the update to my PC and then apply it. Seems this would solve a lot of issues.

I'll try a wired PC next time to see if it works any better.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NIKLM