DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I'm sticking with Polar Pro

You forgot the most important quote --> "Ok.. sorry for my English.."

The question was well-written, and it insisted twice to do it during calibration. The word "during" has very distinctive meaning, point or period in time between time points A and B, and it translates to any language without ambiguity.

The question was well-written, and it insisted twice to do it during calibration. The word "during" has very distinctive meaning, point or period in time between time points A and B, and it translates to any language without ambiguity.
Focus, friend ;)

I have the Freewell 6 filter set and i have been very impressed with them. Good quality and nice to have a mix of filters.

Reactions: Mike_Jaxson
What? What does "do not fit when gimbal live" mean?
I have 6 Neewer filters...They go on easily, no problems with them during calibration, and no problems what so ever any time after that. I typically just leave one on at all times, unless it is particularly cloudy, or I need to put a darker one on. Zero problems at any time.
All I'm suggesting is don't fit the filters when the drone is switched on!
They do fit easily and work well!

Reactions: Neebles
All I'm suggesting is don't fit the filters when the drone is switched on!
They do fit easily and work well!

Ok I think I got ya...Put the filters on BEFORE turining on the drone...Yes, that is advisable. However, they can still be put on after the gimbal has calibrated if you have to. But why anyone would want to do that is beyond me.

Reactions: timbo9397
Ok I think I got ya...Put the filters on BEFORE turining on the drone...Yes, that is advisable. However, they can still be put on after the gimbal has calibrated if you have to. But why anyone would want to do that is beyond me.
and most important,put on lenses BEFORE the gimble clamp is removed as the gimble is delicate

Reactions: timbo9397
I bought a set of DJI ND filters. (no 32 in the set) My problem with them was they came in a flexible foam case and I broke the glass by stuffing them into an over-filled Mavic soft case.

The reason he is asking this is because Polar Pro states emphatically that you are to mount the filters after the gimbal calibration. I have always assumed the extra weight affects the calibration.
Anyway, thats why he is asking his question.

I bought a set of 6 ND filters from Zeus Optics, the Ultra Series 6-Pack. However, when I installed one, I got a warning saying the gimbal motor was overheating. I then calibrated the gimbal, without the filter attached. The same warning appeared. Has anyone experienced this problem? Should have tried calibrating the gimbal with the filter attached? I was afraid to do this for obvious reasons. As far I know, I had the filter attached properly.

I bought a set of 6 ND filters from Zeus Optics, the Ultra Series 6-Pack. However, when I installed one, I got a warning saying the gimbal motor was overheating. I then calibrated the gimbal, without the filter attached. The same warning appeared. Has anyone experienced this problem? Should have tried calibrating the gimbal with the filter attached? I was afraid to do this for obvious reasons. As far I know, I had the filter attached properly.

Gimbal lock removed?

Tell me more about these Neewers.
Can they be mounted during gimbal calibration?
Purchased Neewars ND8, ND16 and ND 32 as a cheap "experiment".
I WON'T be upgrading to more expensive brands.
These fit easily and gimbal calibrates no problems.
Image quality is very good.
Delivery was prompt and price was excellent

The reason he is asking this is because Polar Pro states emphatically that you are to mount the filters after the gimbal calibration. I have always assumed the extra weight affects the calibration.
Anyway, thats why he is asking his question.

Not sure if you read our exchange but he didn’t ask any question... he made a statement that “the filters don’t fit when the gimbal live” and I had no idea what he meant...There was no question what so ever that I was responding to.

Furthermore, no, Polar Pro has not emphatically stated you have to mount the filters after calibration. In fact, at one point they were asking people to exchange filters if they interfered with the calibration process. You really don’t want to put on any filter without the gimbal lock on, and why would anyone let the gimbal calibration process go, and then put the lock back on?

Why do you insist on attaching them during startup? Is there anyone holding a gun to your head forcing you to do that?

Do you enjoy picking on members for whom English may not be a first language? Humiliating them with absurdity follow-up questions? I’d hoped this forum might be a troll-free zone.

Reactions: pixl
I’ve got PP Vivid series.

There is no mention of orientation of the filters in the manuals or papers that came with it?

Does it matter?

I’ve got PP Vivid series.

There is no mention of orientation of the filters in the manuals or papers that came with it?

Does it matter?
Yes, the orientation does matter with PL filters. Check out this video for details on orienting the filter.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehj147