DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I'm sticking with Polar Pro

FASTFJR

Reactions
Unless someone has a better & cheaper option. I've used them on my Phantoms and Inspire. I never did order a set for the Mavic I sent to my son. My "New" arrives on Thursday and I want to order a set.

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the.......
DJI Mavic Filters - Cinema Series 6-Pack
DJI Mavic Filter Professional 6-Pack

I'm assuming since the Cinema Series are more expensive they are made with a higher quality glass?

Thanks

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the.......
DJI Mavic Filters - Cinema Series 6-Pack
DJI Mavic Filter Professional 6-Pack
PolarPro explains the differences in this thread.

This "high quality glass" guerrilla sales pitch is BS, imho. I use Neewers (3x cheeper) and never noticed any image degradation or distortion. I won't be surprised if I learned the glass for all filters is actually made by the same supplier.

Tell me more about these Neewers.
Can they be mounted during gimbal calibration?

Lolwhat??? :D Like this? -

Meanwhile-In-Brasil_o_98138.jpg

Reactions: wels
Mounting process is exactly the same with Polar pro. I use another relatively inexpensive set of filters from Amazon. I got 4 filters (4,8,16,32) for like 30 bucks and it works great. I really wanted 32 cause I live in a sunny country for now and 16 wouldn't cut it

The Polar pro is like 80bucks for 3 so didn't make any sense for me

Not sure the brand... Could've been neewer

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
I had some trouble with the Neewers at first,but found that if you get them on perfectly straight they don't interfere with gimbal movement. The set includes a 32, I don't think the PPdoes, and if you want to shoot at 50 or 60 fps in bright sun you'll need a 32.

Why do you insist on attaching them during startup? Is there anyone holding a gun to your head forcing you to do that?
@DaLorD is asking if they can be attached to the camera before powering on the Mavic.

The answer is yes.

Reactions: Neebles
This "high quality glass" guerrilla sales pitch is BS, imho. I use Neewers (3x cheeper) and never noticed any image degradation or distortion. I won't be surprised if I learned the glass for all filters is actually made by the same supplier.

The look good but it looks like they don't sell a ND 32 / PL or any PL's

I Have used neewers and calibrates fine but do not fit when gimbal live use gimbal lock and will go on easily and remove with no prob!
I have bought 2 HUHU filters The UV is fine but the CPL is too deep and fouls the gimbal on calibration! Avoid it!

Reactions: Yohands
I Have used neewers and calibrates fine but do not fit when gimbal live use gimbal lock and will go on easily and remove with no prob!
I have bought 2 HUHU filters The UV is fine but the CPL is too deep and fouls the gimbal on calibration! Avoid it!

What? What does "do not fit when gimbal live" mean?
I have 6 Neewer filters...They go on easily, no problems with them during calibration, and no problems what so ever any time after that. I typically just leave one on at all times, unless it is particularly cloudy, or I need to put a darker one on. Zero problems at any time.

Pgytech.To me,Polar Pro is the equivalent to Snap On tools,sure it's a quality item but the price?????Nothing wrong with Craftsman tools,quality without the price tag i.e.,pgytech.

"During gimbal calibration" means chasing the camera as it swings all around and trying to put the filter on.
You forgot the most important quote --> "Ok.. sorry for my English.."

Nobody is going to attempt to install a filter while the gimbal is being calibrated ;)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremy Green