DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Polarized lens for Mavic 3 Pro recommendation?

This is the one I got:

This is the one I got:

Thanks, ordered.

I have had decent results with the PGYTECH CIR POL. Sadly, almost all the drone filters are not even close to the better filters in the regular camera lines.

I am currently using the one from PolarPro. Before that, I tried the one from PGYTech, and STARTRC.

To be honest, none of them is perfect. Each has its own issues. But all things considered, PolarPro is the best of them all.

The polarizing filters from PYGTech and STARTRC share the same problem - they produce heavy vignetting toward the upper left corner of the images captured by 70mm lens (3X). The heavy vignetting is there in every single image, there is no way to avoid that. They has this problem because they shares the same design - the filters diameter is too small to allow enough light to enter into the upper left corner of the 70mm lens.

The filter from PolarPro is noticeably larger when compared with the one from PGYTech and STARTRC, thus eliminate the lens vignetting issue for 3X. But it creates lens flare when shooting with 24mm lens in some extreme backlight situation. Because the situation is rare, so it is still much more usable, when compared to its counterpart from PGYTech and STARTRC.

If anyone found a perfect Polarizing filter for Mavic 3 Pro without any of the issues mentioned, please let me know.

Reactions: surfli
Hi!
Any updates about the Freewell filter? I have used the PP filters a handful of times and every time I use them, the golden flare shows up when filming backlight or sideways to sun light. Very anoying.
It would be interesting to know more about the Freewell.

I tried the Freewell filter and the PGYTECH one. I had issues as described with both. My real issue was on the edges of the photos I had an increase of the out of focus area along the side corresponding to the edge of the filter. I personally had the best results with STARTRC, when it came to the focus on the margin. None of them will allow shooting within 15°-20° of the sun without reflected flare. This is kind of normal with some lens designs and frequently most of the time with filters.

Reactions: cmunozs

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas