DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Interference

jwilson

Reactions
I'm buying a mini 3 pro to go along with my mavic 3 pro. Do I have to worry about their signals interfering which each other when I fly them both at the same time in close proximity to each other?

No, you should be able to fly as many as you can keep track of which in my case was Two of them.
One of the issues that can happen is you mix up drones in the air which I have seen happen a few times, which can cause you to crash your drone.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain .

Last edited:
their signals interfering
That is doubtful. However, there are other issues you need to be aware of. Safety is the key.

Reactions: sarahb
Hopefully you are planning on having a pilot for each drone.

Section 107.35 Operation of multiple small unmanned aircraft.

A person may not manipulate flight controls or act as a remote pilot in command or visual observer in the operation of more than one unmanned aircraft at the same time.

I'm buying a mini 3 pro to go along with my mavic 3 pro. Do I have to worry about their signals interfering which each other when I fly them both at the same time in close proximity to each other?
The drones should be fine.
But you can have issues with the controllers interfering if they are too close together.
If you do, move them a few metres further apart.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
But you can have issues with the controllers interfering if they are too close together.
That's exactly what I'm worried about. Yes, I would have two pilots. I'm going on some trips to some very scenic places with my brother. He's bringing me a refurbished mini 3 pro. So we will have two dji drones. He's never flown a drone before, so I will have to teach him. I bought one high capacity battery and I ordered 2 more today. And an off brand multicharger, since I couldn't buy the dji one, which i would rather of had. So for the mini 3 pro, I will have 3 high capacity batteries and one 249 gram battery. My brother will be using an iPhone. I will have two RC‐N1 controllers. I should tell him to install fly on his phone, before he leaves America. We don't know how good the internet will be at these hotels were staying at. No internet in the room.

Question. How does my brother install fly on his iPhone?
For an iPhone, he just has to search the app store for DJI Fly.
For Android devices he would have to go to DJI's website and download from there and install manually.

Based on this example I posted , dont think you will have any issue with either of these drones no matter how close you get.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain,, Land on the Water and fly close to each other, lol

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne