DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Image quality issues with MP2 zoom

Endeavor

Reactions
Two not so major problems. First the MA provides a much crisper video which requires little post adjustments where the MP2 zoom requires some special settings and post work to get the image quality up to the MA stock footage. Sharpness -1 contrast -1 and saturation -1 or use Cinelike.
Also when zooming in the exposer goes from good to very dark so you have to use auto exposure for this to work OK. Much like my old MP not good in low light so I opted for ND16 or ND8 and even no filter if cloudy.
I guess if I didn't have the air none of this would be a big deal but the MA is easier to fly smoother in gimbal movements and rotating around points of interest. Even with major tweaking the MP2 is pretty quick and hard to do smooth transitions around objects. It just takes more focus on the operators part. I use the MP2 for commercial work as most of it is surveillance or street mapping where quality of image is not as important as close up video. The MA is the one for quality hobby work and is fully compatible with my old mini2' units unlike the MP2 which is not.

Reactions: charliesRig
As Salty said, there's no such thing as MP2 Z.
You either have a Mavic 2 Zoom (M2Z) or a Mavic 2 Pro (M2P). No such thing as Mavic Pro 2 Zoom (MP2 Z)

The zoom has the zoom gimbal with less photography features and the typical sensor size, 1/2.3" I think.
The Pro has the 1" sensor, no zoom, but more photographic features including control of aperture.

You could also have a Mavic 2 Enterprise (M2E) but I doubt it.

Reactions: Mr. Salty
Really? OK so to make everyone happy it's a M2z gee are we happy now?

If you're asking about picture quality problems or concerns they have completely different cameras and settings, so yes, it helps to know which one you have.

Reactions: Thomas B
Op thank you for making this post about image issues with your Mp2z
I have a Mp2p
And before I make any comments or offer any helpful/ usless advice I must do more research

....... cR

Reactions: JAW
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bsplum