DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

IMAX CHARGER FOR CHARGING MA BATTERIES

THE WOMBLE

Reactions
I have a IMAX B6 AC V2 battery charger. Purchased the MA cable to fit the charger. Unable to charge or discharge battery. Shows 'CONNECT ERROR CHECK MAIN PORT'
Does anyone use this method of charging/discharging? Was hoping to use it to discharge the batteries.
What type of battery do I set .. have tried all. Any help will be appreciated.
imax.jpeg

11ier1h.jpg
2z52bgz.jpg
The battery has its own balancing circuit built in and the car charger is just a 13.8v dc output so I don't think you actually need the charger, just connect the terminals to a 13.8v supply, the battery electronics should take care of the rest.
To discharge it I would just connect a 12v bulb to the terminals on your adapter. Unless they used a diode then it should work fine. Why not just run the batteries down in the bird?
PS, don't take this the wrong way but is that a genuine b6 or a clone?

Last edited:
11ier1h.jpg
2z52bgz.jpg
The battery has its own balancing circuit built in and the car charger is just a 13.8v dc output so I don't think you actually need the charger, just connect the terminals to a 13.8v supply, the battery electronics should take care of the rest.
To discharge it I would just connect a 12v bulb to the terminals on your adapter. Unless they used a diode then it should work fine. Why not just run the batteries down in the bird?
Thanks for the reply. Firstly yes it is a GENUINE B6 originally purchased to charge batteries for my Hubsan drone.
Literature says it can be used to charge/discharge. When I use it is is powered from a 230v power source. Wanted to discharge not using the drone (wear ant tare) on the fan etc.
11ier1h.jpg
2z52bgz.jpg

If you are willing to wait until I receive my adapters then I am going to test my theories.
Do you have a multimeter and the knowledge to use it?
If so, connect the 2 wire adapter to the battery and see if you read a voltage on the red and black plugs on the adapter.

If you are willing to wait until I receive my adapters then I am going to test my theories.
Do you have a multimeter and the knowledge to use it?
If so, connect the 2 wire adapter to the battery and see if you read a voltage on the red and black plugs on the adapter.
Again many thanks for reply. No hurry to sort out as I have just finished discharging my 4 batteries using the drone and then recharge again using DJI charger. Not much flying as it is winter here.
I connect the adapter plug to the drone battery and took a volt reading. IT SHOWED -01.1v (red to red and black to black.)
What battery type should I be using in the charger.. LiPo, LiFe, LiLo, iiHv, Pb, ?

Last edited:
Again many thanks for reply. No hurry to sort out as I have just finished discharging my 4 batteries using the drone and then recharge again using DJI charger. Not much flying as it is winter here.
I connect the adapter plug to the drone battery and took a volt reading. IT SHOWED -01.1v (red to red and black to black.)
What battery type should I be using in the charger.. LiPo, LiFe, LiLo, iiHv, Pb, ?

Right, so it would suggest that you cant discharge it using a simple system like a bulb. The other issue is I have no idea how the batteries are configured but I would GUESS they are three *18c650 cells joined in series. I would further GUESS that they are Lipo cells.
It's made trickier by the fact that the battery contains all its own electronics. I would advise caution and stick to the standard charger for the moment. Those batteries aren't cheap!!!
As I said, im going to hack one of those connectors open, I suspect I will find nothing of note. I'll post back here as they should be here this week.
*or some other size cell.

You can, but you obviously need to turn the battery on first...

DJI batteries are LiHV, if your charger doesn't support them if fully charged it may complain about voltage too high and refuse to start discharging, resp. won't charge them fully.

I don't think you actually need the charger, just connect the terminals to a 13.8v supply, the battery electronics should take care of the rest.
This is NOT correct, the current limiter for the constant current part of the charge needs to be in the charger/supply.

It's all widely documented, all DJI smart batteries behave the same since the Inspire 1.

Wanted to discharge not using the drone (wear ant tare) on the fan etc.
You don't need to in the first place, the batteries self-discharge to storage level after 10 days.

Last edited:
Reactions: BearMan54 and cornz
So then it appears that the B6 chargers wont work on these batteries. Had never heard of LiHV until today.
Sigh: another charger I need to buy.

*In that case im just going to buy the standard dji car charger. Cheaper than a dedicated charger.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada