DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Impressed

AnzacJack

Australian Defence Veteran
Reactions
Just finished updating and maiden flying 4 minis. No issues at all with either the updates or flights. Im actually pretty impressed with this little fella. Flew it out to around 800m which i think is more than enough for this little drone and connection was solid the whole time.20200203_181006.jpg

did you have a fleet of people with you on these flights? :p

i fallen in love with drones because of this little guy. its far more capable than I expected, and the fly more bundle felt/is like a great deal.
may i ask what you plan to do with 4 minis?

Just finished updating and maiden flying 4 minis. No issues at all with either the updates or flights. Im actually pretty impressed with this little fella. Flew it out to around 800m which i think is more than enough for this little drone and connection was solid the whole time.View attachment 92942

I love my Mavic Mini so very much! I got the CE version here in Bulgaria. In the City I get about 0.8km easy without interference. I have experienced some interference every now and then, but always got full connectivity back! This passed weekend I took my Mini over to the mountains side where there is no wifi for sure and flew it some 1.5km away and got a bit scared as I received a strong wind warning, so I just flew it back immediately! I was at 22% drone battery when I gt back to land by me, but I was messing around not only flying out and back in a straight line! It was very scary, extremely scary! First time I actually flew my Mini beyond my ability to see it! I was relying on the flight data and flight instruments to fly around when so far out. I know that there is a considerable delay in the video feed from the drone, its not very very big but there is some latency and when I think about how fast the Mini can move I'd have to be flying well away from anything on my way out and back in - just to be on the safe side.

I'm jealous of all your Minis bro, very jealous! I only have my one and only single, beloved Mavic Mini! Mine isn't even the Fly More Combo, as I wanted mine for Christmas and Fly More was sold out everywhere. I did get me one of them sweet, original Mavic Mini Holders - its a plastic thing, made of very nice soft plastic, which has a nice leather strap to hold in the props!

I don't think the Mavic Mini has range issues, as long as you're not in an area which has much Wi-Fi then the Mini is a beast!

Flew it out to around 800m which i think is more than enough for this little drone and connection was solid the whole time.
[/QUOTE]
You plan also on teaching others to fly 800m? Hope they all have excellent eyesight. Presumably Australia doesn't have LOS regulations then?

You plan also on teaching others to fly 800m? Hope they all have excellent eyesight. Presumably Australia doesn't have LOS regulations then?
Thanks for your concern.
No i dont fly beyond around 50m while training and cant in anyway see a reason to fly further than our field.
Yes we do have VLOS regs in Australia, as im sure you already know. At 800m my strobe is clearly visible
Always good to read constructive posts...

Last edited:
Reactions: Mavic_Mini_Pilot
Thanks for your concern.
Always good to read constructive posts
Thanks for changing the original post of "snide comment" to "your concern".
The constructive point was that it was perhaps unwise to post the comment re 800m alongside your clearly reputable company link. There are some pilots in Australia who have publicly transgressed regulations and have had cause to regret it. Nothing more than that really.

I'll take your word for your ability to see a strobe at that range. I wished I could. Anyway may I wish your company and its training well and certainly no snide comment intended even if appeared so.

Reactions: Thanev
no worries thanks
I dont have a company. After 20 years in the miltary, Ive been working in the education sector for the last 20 years (how time flies)and manage the Aerospace curiculum and delivery in Australia. Drones are just a small part of my job, but certainly an area that has grown over the last 12 years or so when we started playing with them. We now deliver a cert 3 Aviation/RPAS, which is an academic qualification, as well as the CASA licensing requirements.
There are a few good quality strobes available now that give good visability over a decent range. Prob not worth the effort for the mini as i wouldnt recommend sending it to far frm home where winds could vary. I used the strobe from one of my other drones to get an idea of how good the radio link to the drone was. Didnt go in depth in my OP as it wasnt the aim of the my thread.

Last edited:
I use them for training

I just "train" with my one and only, single, beloved, much cared for, super awesome, amazing & just sweet Mavic Mini! I'm gonna do some training today, got my Mini with me at work, planning on flying through the office space. Not sure if we'll have visitors in the Office, if so I'll have to postpone my office flying. The weather is about to go bad here in Bulgaria, Sofa over the next days. So I gotta get in some flying while I still can.

Respect for using 4 Minis for training!

:)

cool cool

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidwujr