DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Imu calibration every boot up?

GA_Chef

Reactions
Every time I boot up my m2z after it's sat for a day or so, it requests an imu calibration. However the moment I pick up the drone to begin the process of calibration, the message clears and it greens up and says ready. After that on the same session, if I land and change out the battery, it doesn't ask for calibration again. But if I pack up, go home, and go out the next day it will say IMU needs calibration on initial power up. And again, as soon as I pick the drone up, the error clears??? Should I be concerned or is this normal?

What's the exact message you're seeing in DJI GO?

Red letters "IMU needs calibration". Then as soon as I move the drone or pick it up, it goes away.

Every time I boot up my m2z after it's sat for a day or so, it requests an imu calibration. However the moment I pick up the drone to begin the process of calibration, the message clears and it greens up and says ready. After that on the same session, if I land and change out the battery, it doesn't ask for calibration again. But if I pack up, go home, and go out the next day it will say IMU needs calibration on initial power up. And again, as soon as I pick the drone up, the error clears??? Should I be concerned or is this normal?
Don't have an answer but I have never experienced it.

And.......what happens after you have done an IMU calibration?

After calibration it sometimes goes away or sometimes pops back up. Usually, as soon as I touch the unit the message clears.

After calibration it sometimes goes away or sometimes pops back up. Usually, as soon as I touch the unit the message clears.
Again, I don't think that is normal. Can you still return it where you purchased it? Otherwise contact DJI support and get warranty repair most likely.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimwinter