DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Imu calibration every boot up?

GA_Chef

Reactions
Every time I boot up my m2z after it's sat for a day or so, it requests an imu calibration. However the moment I pick up the drone to begin the process of calibration, the message clears and it greens up and says ready. After that on the same session, if I land and change out the battery, it doesn't ask for calibration again. But if I pack up, go home, and go out the next day it will say IMU needs calibration on initial power up. And again, as soon as I pick the drone up, the error clears??? Should I be concerned or is this normal?

What's the exact message you're seeing in DJI GO?

Red letters "IMU needs calibration". Then as soon as I move the drone or pick it up, it goes away.

Every time I boot up my m2z after it's sat for a day or so, it requests an imu calibration. However the moment I pick up the drone to begin the process of calibration, the message clears and it greens up and says ready. After that on the same session, if I land and change out the battery, it doesn't ask for calibration again. But if I pack up, go home, and go out the next day it will say IMU needs calibration on initial power up. And again, as soon as I pick the drone up, the error clears??? Should I be concerned or is this normal?
Don't have an answer but I have never experienced it.

And.......what happens after you have done an IMU calibration?

After calibration it sometimes goes away or sometimes pops back up. Usually, as soon as I touch the unit the message clears.

After calibration it sometimes goes away or sometimes pops back up. Usually, as soon as I touch the unit the message clears.
Again, I don't think that is normal. Can you still return it where you purchased it? Otherwise contact DJI support and get warranty repair most likely.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rambezito