DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

imu ,speed,yaw, compass errors

droneuser

Reactions
Hello

today I went flying ( close by didn't fly out to far cuase of the wind) and I got IMU then a compass error then it went into atti mode

I was in sport mode flying around cause of the wind taking pictures so I don't know if that and moving around fast confused the imu and that messed up the compass hence atti mode

I will upload flight logs :)

Last edited:
grrr I forgot how do I pull the data file again?

Last edited:
I am thinking cause I was in sport mode flying hard and the imu didn't like that! :( I rarely use sport mode out all my flights I think this is the first time I used sport mode more for than couple of mins just a fyi

There were some yaw discrepancies during that flight:

2018-04-29_15-23-19_FLY032_01.png

At 628 s there was a problem with the fusion scheme:

627.717 : 29841 [L-FDI]ns req:fdi,0to0,reason:fusion.gps_yaw_err,result:fail for same index​

and then at 668 s a yaw error was declared:

668.582 : 31779 [L-FDI]NS(0) FUSION(0): fault on , magn_heading_err_large​

but resolved soon after:

670.713 : 31880 [L-NS][AHRS] yaw aligned 1
673.061 : 31990 [L-FDI][CTRL]: fault off, horiz_ctrl_fail
676.902 : 32173 [L-FDI]NS(0) FUSION(0): fault off, magn_heading_err_large
The log does not indicate that the aircraft ever switched to ATTI mode.

hum weird what cause it? and it did switch to atti I have video for proof :) but also it siads it did in this log

DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

this shows speed, yaw, imu, etc errors :( and lost the video down link to :(

Last edited:
hum weird what cause it? and it did switch to atti I have video for proof :) but also it siads it did in this log

DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

this shows speed, yaw, imu, etc errors :( and lost the video down link to :(

Interesting - that did not appear in the DAT log. Not particularly surprising that it did switch given the magnitude of the discrepancy shown in the graph above. As to what caused the discrepancy, it's hard to say for sure, but there is at least a hint from the magnetic data that the IMU rate gyros may need calibrating. Have you done an IMU calibration recently?

Interesting - that did not appear in the DAT log. Not particularly surprising that it did switch given the magnitude of the discrepancy shown in the graph above. As to what caused the discrepancy, it's hard to say for sure, but there is at least a hint from the magnetic data that the IMU rate gyros may need calibrating. Have you done an IMU calibration recently?

mater of fact I just did last week cause the height was reading wrong I post a thread about that too

also what is weird if you recall my compass error thread from a few weeks ago it looks like this happen in the same spot??

also what is weird if you recall my compass error thread from a few weeks ago it looks like this happen in the same spot??

That doesn't look like a probably location for magnetic distortion, especially at that altitude, but also worth watching if you are there again.

That doesn't look like a probably location for magnetic distortion, especially at that altitude, but also worth watching if you are there again.

yes I wouldnt think so too.. yes I was thinking I will recalibrate the IMU and compass too

thanks for looking at that! :)

Reactions: sar104
2CEFD9D0-EC30-48CA-BABB-BACD6EE39554.png How do I find the flight logs? Trying to locate them off DJIGO4 app can’t find them. Was able to download but can’t find to look at

are you using IOS or android? hum looking at it more looks like you are using android?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jlhdez