DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

In Flight, working compass encounters data exception,please switch to atti mode

roadkill443

Reactions
Received this error whilst flying. Curious if some of the more knowledgable members on here could help me identify its cause.

"In Flight, working compass encounters data exception,please switch to atti mode if craft behave abnormally"

Good news is completed the flight with no problems, but if this is through my fault or something i need to change setting wise i'd like to try and prevent it happening again and learn about it.

It was a bad day to fly, the winds were far to strong, but I wanted the picture so thought i would through it up and see how it behaved. Was getting blown away until i put it into sport then coped ok so decided to risk it. New battery (although i hadn't pre-warmed it so got a cold temp warning) good signal, followed my normal set up procedure.

DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com (not used this before so let me know if it doesn't work)

Fp2yyMV.jpg

Received this error whilst flying. Curious if some of the more knowledgable members on here could help me identify its cause.

"In Flight, working compass encounters data exception,please switch to atti mode if craft behave abnormally"

Good news is completed the flight with no problems, but if this is through my fault or something i need to change setting wise i'd like to try and prevent it happening again and learn about it.

It was a bad day to fly, the winds were far to strong, but I wanted the picture so thought i would through it up and see how it behaved. Was getting blown away until i put it into sport then coped ok so decided to risk it. New battery (although i hadn't pre-warmed it so got a cold temp warning) good signal, followed my normal set up procedure.

DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com (not used this before so let me know if it doesn't work)

Fp2yyMV.jpg
Do you remember which direction your Mavic was facing on take off? As in North, South,etc?

Thank you for your response.
Looking at the map i believe roughly north. The orientation on the flight records is correct as it was facing off hill and upon launch was drifting backwards with the wind.

I have only calibrated when i initially had it, It has never asked for it since and i always check the status' are at normal. I have noticed slight drifting on the odd flight, but have put that down to environments and locations (& countries). I was planning to do it again when I was in a suitable location where i could guarantee no interferences.

Aiming just to learn a bit more about it from this error.

Thank you for your response.
Looking at the map i believe roughly north. The orientation on the flight records is correct as it was facing off hill and upon launch was drifting backwards with the wind.

I have only calibrated when i initially had it, It has never asked for it since and i always check the status' are at normal. I have noticed slight drifting on the odd flight, but have put that down to environments and locations (& countries). I was planning to do it again when I was in a suitable location where i could guarantee no interferences.

Aiming just to learn a bit more about it from this error.
Unfortunately I’m still learning about diagnosing compass errors, so I can’t say anything definitively. I would see if @sar104 is around as he can probably teach us both something about it.

Reactions: roadkill443
Unfortunately I’m still learning about diagnosing compass errors, so I can’t say anything definitively. I would see if @sar104 is around as he can probably teach us both something about it.

Hard to say without a DAT file. It threw compass errors continuously from 232 s through 238 s. That's going to have been due to a discrepancy between IMU yaw and magnetic yaw, but it presumably resolved it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada