DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

In need of honest info.

Uummmmm… bad advice right there at the end, to a new to be drone flyer! You should never say, nor think about keeping it in sight to begin with, as you stated. There should never be a time when you willfully let it out of your sight, otherwise you are not flying as per FAA regulations. Yes it has happened to us all I suppose, at one time or another, and it must be great fun to go off flying with goggles on your head and just explore the area, but we must always tell newbies to follow the rules, always. That means don't EVER willfully allow your drone to go off flying out of your sight.
WHATS THE BAD ADVICE

This may not be the right place but I figure that maybe I can get some honest input. I have never owned or flown a drone but have been interested for quite some time and have a need for my business but also just for pleasure. So here is my question I was thinking that I would pay a little more and get a drone that will provide the photos, ease of learning ect.. that I want but will be user friendly for a rookie pilot. I was thinking Mavic or Phantom now I am reading different info of fly aways and issues such as those with DJI, I really don't want to pay that kind of money to have it fly off into the wild blue yonder, is this a real problem, should I be starting out with something different to gain experience first, as I had stated I was hoping to buy one and cover everything at once. I look forward to hearing from experienced pilots.
I agree with the others, flyaways and crashes are usually pilot errors. Once you try one... we’ll ...do you remember what it was like when you discovered driving, well it’s a lot like that. You won’t regret either UAV, I have the Mavic Pro, and I’m sure the Pro 2 is even better. Just my 2 cents.

To all who have responded and given advise, information ect.. Thank you, I bit the bullet if you will and purchased a Mavic 2 Pro and and can't wait to test drive it! I am however taking my time and watching lots of videos, maybe I am worried about nothing but it is very cold here (MI) and I read in the info. that 32 degrees is the low for flying so I guess if that is accurate then I will just read more before I take it out. Again thanks for everyone's input

I read that you got the DJI Mavic 2 pro good choice, that's my travel and daily carry drone. First thing check your IMU and compass calibration. That is something you'll want to check from time to time, especially after a firmware update. Use the YouTube channel to help you with things you might need to do or correct. Their are some idiots that post on that channel so be careful. DJI has tutorials on some of the more important things you'll need to learn and do.
Well get out their and learn and have some fun.
What are you using for a monitor ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada