DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

In NFZ Message

Chuck715

Reactions
I have been flying drones for about 4 years now. Started out with a Mavic Platinum Pro and about 8 months ago I bought a Mavic 2 Pro. I usually use Litchi for flying waypoint missions but occasionally check in with DJI Go 4 to make sure my AC and RC2 firmware are current. With over 100+ flights with both drones, I have never had an issue with the FlySafe business. Never used it and neither drone ever complained about it. Now my AC (v01.00.0790) and RC (v01.00.0770) firmware have not been updated since 2021 and are still considered the most current version. My DJI Go 4 version is 4.3.54 and I am not 100% sure when it was lasted updated.

So, with all that said, about a month back, I went to fly, started the drone and RC and got this “In NFZ” message in the RC2 little screen. My Litchi app had a red message saying can’t take off in NFZ. I am in South Jersey and am in the TCA of the Philadelphia airport, but I’ve never had any issues flying in my area which is 20 miles from the actual airport. I started to panic that DJI finally locked us in to using FlySafe and having to get unlock licenses for every flight. I checked all my software and firmware versions and appeared nothing changed recently since the 2021 firmware versions I was running. I ended up researching how the FlySafe app worked and saw how you could unlock a zone without having to submit any documentation or permission slips. It just needed your DJI login info and basic stuff about drone type and pilot and reason for the flight. It also asked for a date range for the unlock time frame. I chose a 2 day timeframe and submitted the request. It was immediately approved so I could then go in to DJI Go 4 under “Flight Restrictions” and saw my “license” and could select to load the license into the drone. At that point, the “In NFZ” message went away. I was able then to shut everything down and reboot up with Litchi and was able to fly normally. I thought after the date range for my license had expired, maybe the “In NFZ” message would return, but it didn’t. I flew 50 Litchi missions weeks after that date range had expired so I thought maybe the whole thing was a fluke. No such luck. Today, I got the “In NFZ” message again in Litchi and DJI Go 4 and couldn’t fly. I had to go though the whole process again of applying for a license to unlock the zone. Not the most horrible thing in the universe but I just would like to understand why I was able to run Litchi for so long with no issues. I think maybe one of the times I used DJI GO 4, it may have updated to a new version which told the drone to check for flight restrictions. I say this because when I turn on the AC and RC, I get the "In NFZ" before I even launch Litchi or DJI Go4. Another possibility is, I might have inadvertently got the DJI message saying my Flysafe database was out of date and chose to update it.

I would like any light anyone can share about this issue. Is this the new fact of life now for M2P? I’d prefer not to use any FlySafe at this point but don’t see any way to turn it off. Any else had similar issues?

I am afraid that might indeed be the ”new fact of life for your Mavic 2 Pro. I too am current on the firmware but choose to ignore the updates for the Fly Safe maps. That disabled my Mavic Pro from taking off in my own property, but I have so far resisted DJI ”fooling me twice” where they have incorrect map info compared to NAV Canada.

I would like any light anyone can share about this issue. Is this the new fact of life now for M2P? I’d prefer not to use any FlySafe at this point but don’t see any way to turn it off. Any else had similar issues?
If you would like to disable the NFZ warning on the M2Pro it can be done with software from drone-hacks.com
I have done that on two M2P and one M2 Zoom. This "hack" installs a general unlock certificate valid until 2030. It costs 40 Euros for one drone. It is not illegal in any way to install it.

Reactions: Aairon
I use the software from No Limit Drones. It disables the NFZ's as well as altitude restrictions. once installed it is incumbent on the pilot to fly safe

I have the same problem with my Phantom 4 Pro and Mavic Pro. Finally got to the point of unlocking in FlySafe by inputting my controller S/N. I cannot find the number, so back to square one...and no flying in a LAANC approved area.

I use the software from No Limit Drones. It disables the NFZ's as well as altitude restrictions. once installed it is incumbent on the pilot to fly safe
I checked out the NLD website and it wasn't exactly clear on how much it cost or how exactly it worked. Looks like the software installs on Windows. Do you then connect your drone to your computer for the NFZ's to be removed? If you launch DJI Go 4 or update your FlySafe database, does it cause the NFZ's to be reinstated and require you to re-run the NLD software?

I checked out the NLD website and it wasn't exactly clear on how much it cost or how exactly it worked. Looks like the software installs on Windows. Do you then connect your drone to your computer for the NFZ's to be removed? If you launch DJI Go 4 or update your FlySafe database, does it cause the NFZ's to be reinstated and require you to re-run the NLD software?
Chuck715, the cost is €40. I have purchased it for an original Mavic Pro and for a Mavic 2. The Mavic Pro gets the firmware flashed, the latter has a certificate installed that covers the globe for 10 years of “no nag” flying, flying safely of course.

One has to pay careful attention to the “bird map” to make sure it is going to work for you. Windoze 10 is required. One can still fly with the DJI Go 4 fly app or third part apps such as Litchi.

When I try to download it my Computer says it is a virus/ malware. Any Ideas?

When I try to download it my Computer says it is a virus/ malware. Any Ideas?
i got that at first too so then i opened google chrome and had no issues. I fly an M1P and will not update the DJI software so that i can keep using the NLD software

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne