DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

In your opinion, who makes the best MPP backpack?

Ripper7620

Reactions
I've found some great ones, but they're all designed with a smaller section for the Mavic, but then the majority of the room in the packs are dedicated to camera gear, and I would instead be interested in something totally dedicated to the Mavic, and it's accessories. Thank you in advance.

I would instead be interested in something totally dedicated to the Mavic, and it's accessories. Thank you in advance.

Type the following into the Amazon Search Bar: B074TGF63T

Re the outer part that holds the GoPros in the image, that space is perfect for a Pro RC with an iPad Mini 4 being held in its loving arms (the insert is easily removed).

P.S. Be sure to "Roll over image to zoom in."

Reactions: Ripper7620
Type the following into the Amazon Search Bar: B074TGF63T

Re the outer part that holds the GoPros in the image, that space is perfect for a Pro RC with an iPad Mini 4 being held in its loving arms (the insert is easily removed).

P.S. Be sure to "Roll over image to zoom in."
Thank you I appreciate it.

1525952056095728081325530528602.jpg love my new smaltree bag. Got for 89 dollars after shopping around 15259521901833942424908037214268.jpg

Last edited:
I have DJI's Carry More Backpack and it's terrific. I can carry my MPP, four batteries, remote, DJI Googles, Epson Movario BT-300's, iPad & sunshade, PGY 55mm landing pad, ND filters, cables, and props. The compartments can be reconfigured and it takes a bit of time for best placement but once you get it right for your gear, it's perfect. It's also well balanced, well padded, and only $99.

Last edited:
Thank you, that's the best one I've seen so far, for my needs. It's got room for everything I use, and not a bunch of extra space dedicated to gear I'll probably never buy. I've been using the Smaltree D500, and putting that into another backpack.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lykus and Earendil
I think I'm getting the M1, it's got everything I want and need, and nothing I don't. I think Manfrotto makes the best backpacks, but the Mavic version is designed for a lot of extra camera gear I'll never buy. The Manfrotto Phantom 4 Pro bag is one I own, and it's a freakin' work of art.

Reactions: Longrifle48
I have to give props (no pun intended) to the Lykus Team for monitoring the thread so they can jump in and hype their Lykus M1 (see above, Thursday May 10th at 2:48am). I watched that video, bought the bag, and it's perfect. At 11x12.5x7 packed, it's small, and the way it easily converts from backpack to over-the-shoulder is brilliant. It easily accommodates and protects my MPP, three extra batteries, RC, lens filters, iPad Mini+sunshade, Epson Movario BT-300's+controller (in its original hard shell case), Movario MP RC mount, cables, props, and headphones+case... all that while leaving the front and side pouches empty and available. $59.00 is a great deal and no, I have no affiliation whatsoever with Lykus. They just deserve a lot of credit for this one.

Attachments

• Lykus M1.jpg
    Lykus M1.jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 47
Lowepro Droneguard BP250 for me as well. Nice pack, not too big, well made, and plenty of space for everything but the goggles.

I don't think you can still buy this bag, but I have the Tamrac Expedition 7. It's a big backpack. As a photographer, I never want to find myself without something in the middle of a shoot. Consequently, my approach is always to carry everything I'm ever going to need...and somethings in duplicate, or even triplicate (in the case of wires). The Expedition 7 does that trick...but it is large. It has a meaty, hiking style, waist belt that you could use if it's too heavy to just sling over you shoulder, but I don't find that I need that unless I'm truly hiking somewhere.

As you might see, I'm a bag-in-bag kind of guy as well...meaning, I tend to keep stuff very well protected when traveling. So you'll see cases in my case. When I'm actually shooting, things are more "at the ready", but that's a different story...I find that having everything very well protected and separated creates a cleaner environment for me. It also lets me do things like grab my goggles to go if I'm taking them somewhere where I'm not droning.

20180601_073829_resized.jpg 20180601_073838_resized.jpg 20180601_073859_resized.jpg
So...in this bag is:
  • MPP & Controller
  • Moverio Glasses, Solitaire Ace, Mavic Mount, Sunshields
  • Four Batteries
  • Titan Switch (Amplifier, plus Omni antenna and Directional antenna) with 5db Whips
  • Chargers: PowerExtra Charger, Mavic Car Charger, Mavic Block Charger
  • Bluetooth keyboard (iClever), BT Mouse, OTG Cable, USB Block - all for use with the Moverios
  • User manual
  • Straps, wires, wires, wires, memory cards, oh - and more wires.
It also has attachment points outside of the bag where you can hang additional bags with things you want to get to without opening the main bag. I have a waterbottle holder and an empty Lowepro mini camera bag hanging on this one...but I have a host of small tamrac and lowepro bags I could attach if needed.

I find this bag to be very serviceable as a drone kit.

- Gary

LowePro's DroneGuard BP 250. DroneGuard BP 250: Backpack for Mavic Pro Drone plus laptop, tablet and drone accessories such as extra batteries, tools & transmitter. | Lowepro

I use it for my scientific research, and it's 100% drone gear, not camera gear. Everything is well organized and easy access.
  • MP
  • 5 batteries
  • remote controller
  • A host of cables
  • external hard drive
  • portable battery
  • tablet
  • tablet sunshade
  • landing pad
  • lenses
  • sunscreen
  • water bottle

That backpack looks amazing! I might pick it up.

But, I actually need something bigger, something that can carry my Mavic PP, 3 extra batteries, 15" laptop, goggles, action cam and DSLR cam, Note 8, if possible camera tripod and chargers for everything. And perhaps a bit more space for a towel or extra pair of clothes. I don't mind if it's a bit bulky.
Does a backpack like that exist?

Edit:
Might pickup Manfrotto Hover-25, it seems to fit my need.

Last edited:
That backpack looks amazing! I might pick it up.

But, I actually need something bigger, something that can carry my Mavic PP, 3 extra batteries, 15" laptop, goggles, action cam and DSLR cam, Note 8, if possible camera tripod and chargers for everything. And perhaps a bit more space for a towel or extra pair of clothes. I don't mind if it's a bit bulky.
Does a backpack like that exist?

Edit:
Might pickup Manfrotto Hover-25, it seems to fit my need.
Again...the Expedition 7 has a laptop pouch that holds my 15", four batteries, etc.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inky