DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Incoming calls while flying?

Jackcutrone

Reactions
I am flying a Mavic Pro with an iPhone and Go 4. I would think that an incoming call would not affect control but I thought I would post this and seek comments. Thx.

I would think that an incoming call would not affect control
That's correct.

The Mavic Pro is flown with the remote controller. You could even continue flying if DJI GO and/or your mobile device shuts down.

I have just purchase a CrystalSky monitor. Quite expensive with the added cost of having to get a phantom charger and a special mounting bracket to mount the monitor to the controller. It seems to be significantly better than a smartphone with brighter screen and better touch screen to select the various options. I have only had 2 short flights with this but so far so good.

I would never want to risk my flight with a phone call, what if you were in the middle of maneuvering out of a tricky situation? I do a simple swipe up, turn off Wi-Fi, Bluetooth off, DND on, and lock rotation. Volume and brightness at full.

I also need data on when i use Litchi.

NOTE: you must adjust your DND to be Always instead of only when locked or else it’s useless!

F4C6C2D9-1C72-4A40-996C-A6437A1EC19C.jpeg7F6FFFCC-EBB6-4332-BA5D-2F9F5A3B0D60.jpeg

Or option 2...put it in Do Not Disturb mode, but the above recommendation will certainly save more resources.
I am flying a Mavic Pro with an iPhone and Go 4. I would think that an incoming call would not affect control but I thought I would post this and seek comments. Thx.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
I leave mine alone and if a call comes up I just swipe it up and I am good to go.... Or you can put in Airplane mode or the Do not disturb mode what ever works for you.
As far as your answer, it will have no affect when flying at least on my Iphone. Soon I will not have to worry about that since I am going to be buying a new iIpAD MINI 4 for my main display....

I had a problem once using litchi where a called entered and the app sent signal to land the drone. Using DJI GO hadn’t had the same problem, but as an extra safety measure I put in airplane mode so no calls enter while flying.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seaphotos