DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

incompatible with my phone and tablet

@Brit.b Glad you got it figured out! The DJI approved list for Android is worthless. It covers only the one they have tested. They should make that list a NOT compatible list. It would be much shorter.
Most Androids will work if you have the patience and knowledge to set them up for it.
Knowing DJI, they'd mess up on how they have tested some and claim incompatible.

If you are buying a product that relies on a device, it is up to you to be sure your device is compatible. The Android market is so fragmented and with so many models they tend to be more of a hassle to use fringe models. The iOS is a bit easier to decipher. Below is the currently recommended devices for all models of the Mavic series.

View attachment 51129
You are right, the problem with DJI is that they nearly never update their phones or tablet lists.
I have the original mavic pro, the spark an the Air and can use them flawlessly on my iPhones or iPads, I had to tinker a bit for making them work with “unsupported devices” on android.
My favorite tablet on android is still my Nvidia Shield, I can even use a Samsung galaxy tab A with the spark.
All devices have different Go4 versions, some hacked some originals.
I like to have and leave all my options open. ;-)

I don't really agree with everyone else. I personally did what I felt like was a lot of research before making my choice with the Mavic Pro 2 and it never once occurred to me that my phone might not work. I think a lot of people who aren't specifically familiar with the DJI app compatibility issues pretty much take for granted that unless your phone is outdated it will run every app because that's sort of the whole point of Android, that apps aren't phone specific anymore. Anyway I'm not saying it wasn't documented, I'm just saying I can understand the frustration and annoyance that you felt when you were told that your phones weren't compatible and I don't know why everyone else is acting like you're ridiculous for not checking that specifically before upgrading.

Luckily my weird phone, a Sonim XP8, works just fine with the app so I don't have to ask my boss if I can use my workphone, an iPhone 8, to fly my Mav. That phone runs literally every other app so I personally would have been pretty annoyed if it didn't run the DJI app.

The problem is that the app uses almost every aspect of the phone, particularly graphics which is unusual and difficult for the devices. They particularly seem to make unconventional use of the USB which some providers block as a security measure. The Samsung Tab E in particular. For that one, you can get the app to latch on to the USB as it needs to, if you can get it to catch early enough during boot or connecting the USB.

Knowing DJI, they'd mess up on how they have tested some and claim incompatible.
Probably, but at least it would be less of a guessing game.
Passed tests - Even DJI says it works
Failed Tests - DJI has seen issues. You might get it to work but you're taking chances
Undetermined/untested - Even DJI can't claim incompatible, YMMV.

The seller and I found the solution that seems to work (which probably would have worked with my old Huawei P9 phone)

In the developer in a P10 or P10 plus, use the following settings:

USB debugging - on;
always promt when connecting… - off;
Allow ADB debugging…- on;
Select USB Configuration - USB Ethernet

USB Debugging should be turned on on all Android devices in "Developer Mode", I got a message to turn it on when I first connected to the DJI Assistant on my laptop. Google how to get into Developer mode on your device. BE CAREFUL!!! You can ruin your phone and have to reset to factory!!

To free up resources on your phone get an "App Killer" and put your device in Airplane Mode.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet