DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Inconsistent Firmware Found Message?

COZWV

Reactions
I just fired-up my MP2 and let it do it's thing for updates and restarted everything. Now my controller (tablet screen) has a pop-up window that is saying "Inconsistent Firmware Found" with the further message "Firmware incompatibility between some modules and current device detected. Are you sure you want to update firmware?" with a slide to update bar.

Anyone else have this issue and do I say yes?

That means the firmware needs to be updated on the remote controller or the battery that's currently installed. You should slide the slider to allow the firmware to be updated.

That means the firmware needs to be updated on the remote controller or the battery that's currently installed. You should slide the slider to allow the firmware to be updated.

OK, thanks very much!

I am getting the same message now. According to the update tab on the smart controller, the firmware is the 'latest' version and won't update. So why does that message show up now?

I received the same message earlier this morning; I had already had the controller and bird connected just a few minutes before and all was fine. So I turned them off ... rebooted and everything was fine and dandy—no more inconsistent firmware message! Go figure.

Rebooting may be the solution but not the correct solution. There is a firmware/software problem with the drone. What happens when the drone is a mile away and you get that message? Reboot? In my case after the panic subsided i just selected the Go Fly tab and kept flying with a wary eye and uneasy feeling. I assume that if the connection is lost because of this 'error' that the drone will return to home and land but maybe not?

According to the update tab on the smart controller, the firmware is the 'latest' version and won't update
That tab shows the firmware version for the aircraft. The inconsistent firmware message means the battery or remote controller firmware needs to be updated. If you know either needs to be updated and they won't update from DJI GO, then try installing the firmware from the DJI Assistant 2 application.

Both showed Latest version so the only option left was to either 'refresh' or downgrade to previous version. I 'refreshed' by using the Assistant via usb 3 and connecting to the Mavic 2/battery with the usb cable while turning on my smart controller which connected to the Mavic 2 while the 3-step 'refresh' was taking place. The smart controller showed some sort of upgrade so hopefully the next time I fly the message won't interrupt my flight!

Okay I flew the bird today and right after powering up both SC & drone, the system said "Inconsistent Firmware" and then I slid the slider and it began to update whatever it was it needed to update. I am assuming the battery was in need of update. I then flew without the message popping up again so hopefully the error message won't bug me again while flying. If it does, I will post again here.

That has always been the battery for me.
I run the exact same setup, M2P, 4 batteries and SC.

After switching to battery #3 and #4, I got the message. Luckily, the firmware can be updated even offline, meaning in the field, as long you have done it before with the SC with another battery already. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Rangerider
So far so good! No annoying messages today while flying. No more problems since taking the suggestion above! Thanks!

Last edited:
it's nice when your DJI Air 2s has been flying around for 20 mins...then this.......

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 8
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cjd54