DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Indoor practice drone suggestions

Bob1956

Reactions
I'm looking for a small indoor practice drone of some sort. My P3 and MP2 are just too much for my tight quarters. An RC controlled drone is best because those are the basic eye/hand skills I want to work on.

Not sure if a camera is needed or not.

Thanks

I'm looking for a small indoor practice drone of some sort. My P3 and MP2 are just too much for my tight quarters. An RC controlled drone is best because those are the basic eye/hand skills I want to work on.

Thanks
no need for a camera to learn to fly, there are many many cheap drones on the market, i have a small Syma X15 just has altitude hold and is great for learning how the sticks control the drone, it will fly out doors in the garden as well if theres little to no wind,only downside of these small toy drones, is the flight time ,as they use a i cell small battery so you really need a few batteries to get any meaningful flight time, for the ultimate learning experience get one without altitude hold,and you will really get a good stick workout, just keeping it airborn is an art in itself,never mind all the other movements, very easy to get fed up and give it up for a bad job ,but great once you have mastered it

Reactions: RTKD

Thanks
Get a MM good fun indoors

Dji Tello, is cheap and hovers well in normal lighting where the visual positioning system can work.

If you use the Volatello app , you get a lot more features, like POI's and RTH , but you won't need that indoors

Reactions: old man mavic
I'm sure the regulars around here have heard enough from me on the topic, but I feel obligated to spread the joy I feel when flying. The ultimate indoor practice drone is a brushless FPV micro. Here's some flight footage from the gym at my old apartment. It's an absolute blast to fly this thing, I can't wipe the smile off my face :)

The kit is $160 on Amazon

I'm looking for a small indoor practice drone of some sort
Where are you going to be flying? In a home with tight quarters or somewhere large and open like a gymnasium?

Dji simulator is about as cheap as it gets. Free version is limited but pretty accurate to fly. Covers most models and controllers
Spark included. Sorry, it doesn’t compare to RDKT’s Tinyhawk

Dji Tello, is cheap and hovers well in normal lighting where the visual positioning system can work.

If you use the Volatello app , you get a lot more features, like POI's and RTH , but you won't need that indoors

I used TelloFPV and had a brain fart thinking RTH would retrace flight path through hallway between rooms. It instead started heading for a wall, which was a beeline to where I started the flight. Doh!

• Haha
Reactions: Gindra
I used TelloFPV and had a brain fart thinking RTH would retrace flight path through hallway between rooms. It instead started heading for a wall, which was a beeline to where I started the flight. Doh!
Those darn brain farts!

Oh man, that stinks.

Reactions: old man mavic
Big fan of the $30 Syma X5. Nearly indestructible.

But I may have to check out one of those FPV guys!

I'm sure the regulars around here have heard enough from me on the topic, but I feel obligated to spread the joy I feel when flying. The ultimate indoor practice drone is a brushless FPV micro. Here's some flight footage from the gym at my old apartment. It's an absolute blast to fly this thing, I can't wipe the smile off my face :)
( Mod Removed Langage)

Not sure what I said that was bad language. Hmmm. Sorry.

Last edited:
Reactions: RTKD
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore