Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Info/Stats from Mobile SDK

CodeWriter

Reactions
My understanding is that log files (txt) can be retrieved 2 ways:

From an SD card inserted into the drone
From the Smart Controller/app

I am working with a custom app that uses the Mobile SDK (Android) and don’t fly with an SD card. Is there a way that I can still access the TXT files? It’s worth noting that I fly using a Smart Controller.

Alternatively to interrogating the TXT files I can use the SDK to receive/log the info that I require, however some elements that are in the TXT files appear to be missing from the SDK (I.e. ‘is motor blocked’ and ‘motor fail reason’). On top of this it would be useful to see the current draw per motor which appears to be available via the Onboard SDK.

Does anyone know if there is a way to achieve what I’m looking for?

Thanks!

I am working with a custom app that uses the Mobile SDK (Android) and don’t fly with an SD card. Is there a way that I can still access the TXT files?
If the custom app didn't alter the log settings, TXT logs can be retrieved later on the SC under:
<Application name>\SDK_logs\FlightRecord\

however some elements that are in the TXT files appear to be missing from the SDK
Only those elements are logged as defined under the SDK class DJIFlightControllerDataType.DJIFlightControllerCurrentState

On top of this it would be useful to see the current draw per motor
If the custom app is creating a .DAT file (normally to be found under
<Application name>\SDK_logs\FlightRecord\ MCDatFlightRecords\... ) then it can be later examined by 3rd party tools.

which appears to be available via the Onboard SDK.
OSDK is only available with Matrice series aircraft, Manifold 2 or A2 and A3 flight controllers.

If the custom app didn't alter the log settings, TXT logs can be retrieved later on the SC under:
<Application name>\SDK_logs\FlightRecord\

Only those elements are logged as defined under the SDK class DJIFlightControllerDataType.DJIFlightControllerCurrentState

If the custom app is creating a .DAT file (normally to be found under
<Application name>\SDK_logs\FlightRecord\ MCDatFlightRecords\... ) then it can be later examined by 3rd party tools.

OSDK is only available with Matrice series aircraft, Manifold 2 or A2 and A3 flight controllers.

Very interesting!

Does this mean that the dji go app logs more info than whats possible to log from another custom app?

I guess you are a developer as well, what is the best forum to discuss topics with other developers? Doesn't seem to be many developers here?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121