DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Insurance alternative for California residents?

wco81

Reactions
State Farm doesn't offer its personal articles policy in CA.

Anyone find an alternative?

BTW, who handles your renters or homeowners insurance? It is entirely possible that your drone could be covered for theft under your policy, but probably not damage.

I have some car insurance from Grundy for a hi dollar street car agreeded to value. I have been meaning to call them as they insure just about everything, at a cost of course. When I get time I will check. I'm interested in liability only but will ask if anything is available.

Reactions: Former Member
Thanks, better than nothing I suppose.

I think my homeowners deductible is like $1000. Doubt it would cover drone damage but probably theft.

Thanks, better than nothing I suppose.

I think my homeowners deductible is like $1000. Doubt it would cover drone damage but probably theft.

I would be curious if they would cover the damage if the drone was launched and operated from the insured property.

Going to watch this thread to figure out if anyone has a good insurance alternative in the people’s republic of California

Wondering if there are specific laws which bar State Farm from offering the policy.

Because otherwise, it's a huge market. Then again, maybe they don't want to deal with covering more expensive personal property or something?

I would be curious if they would cover the damage if the drone was launched and operated from the insured property.

Going to watch this thread to figure out if anyone has a good insurance alternative in the people’s republic of California
Your drone will be coverage under your homeowners policy as personal property, but it will be subject to your deductible in the event of damage. What is your HO deductible?

I checked with my insurance company and they cover liability, which was my biggest concern, and cover theft or damage under personal property, subject to my deductible. So if my drone crashes, it may take a whole bunch of other personal gear with it...

Just kidding California Insurance Commissioner...I know you’re probably listening...

What kind of damage though?

If you crash it or fly it into something?

Or if it flies away? Does this happen a lot?

While a fly away would suck, and should be covered as a loss, my primary concern is the lawsuit that would likely result if my drone malfunctions and drops on someone and injures them. Almost anything would be cheap compared to that potential liability.

Reactions: gm383 and pvs
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djiNonMini