DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Insurance and State Farm

Yeah, my State Farm guy said drones are not covered. Because I live inside the Washington DC SFRA, but outside the DC No Drone Zone, I'm expecting to pay a lot of money for insurance, because Washington DC!

That 15mi radius around the Capital sucks!!!

Sounds like you need to move to Alabama! There is almost Nowhere that you can not fly a drone in Alabama! Being in NWFL, I am restricted by a lot of Military installations, but I still have a lot of space to fly legally outside of the beaches.

Sounds like you need to move to Alabama! There is almost Nowhere that you can not fly a drone in Alabama! Being in NWFL, I am restricted by a lot of Military installations, but I still have a lot of space to fly legally outside of the beaches.
Between the DC 3, correctional facilities, power plants, military and government, there are narrow slices to stay in. It's doable.

Reactions: Odom1957
Yeah, my State Farm guy said drones are not covered. Because I live inside the Washington DC SFRA, but outside the DC No Drone Zone, I'm expecting to pay a lot of money for insurance, because Washington DC!
Yes that was the reason why they would not insure you then chances are he will not find any insurance policy in that area! State Farm seems to be the only one offering it under a Pap policy

Reactions: seowashdc
I am also paying $60 a year for my policy with State Farm Pap and I already just filed my second claim for a lost mavic and the check is already on the way and I'm still insured for my Phantom 4 Pro, and the representative told me to make sure I call them back as soon as I get my replacement drone so they can insure that one.

Did they ask you to send them back the remaining items of the drone?
Also, which state are you in?

Amazingly I have filed three claims now with State farm and of course they shut down each item I had in my list. So just recently my phantom 4 pro plus obsidian had a little crash so I needed to file a claim because apparently it was not repairable. State farm was awesome and sent me a check for the amount that the obsidian was insured for.
I guess I'm pretty much at the end of my insurability with them but just so you all know they kept on paying off on anything that was on the list so how can you not go and understand how awesome that is

FYI- As great as these State Farm policies seem, filing claims on them will cause your HOMEOWNERS INSURANCE rates to skyrocket, and in some cases prevent you from being able to buy a standard market home owners policy at all, especially if you have filed multiple drone claims.

These losses are reported by State Farm to the "Comprehensive Loss Underwriting Exchange" CLUE for short, as property claims and will be the basis for premium surcharges at your renewal, probably far beyond what you recover on the drone claim. This will also be the reason many insurance companies will decline to sell you a new homeowners policy when you DO decide to buy a house. The CLUE report is a database of claims all carriers submit loss info to and share with each other. These losses will remain on that report for up to 5 years and so will the premium surcharges.

I hope it's worth it to you.

Dave Garzoli
California Insurance License 0G74659

Don't beleive me? See the user response on a similar post I made on Facebook earlier today.Screenshot_20191205-223633_Facebook.jpeg

Amazingly I have filed three claims now with State farm and of course they shut down each item I had in my list. So just recently my phantom 4 pro plus obsidian had a little crash so I needed to file a claim because apparently it was not repairable. State farm was awesome and sent me a check for the amount that the obsidian was insured for.
I guess I'm pretty much at the end of my insurability with them but just so you all know they kept on paying off on anything that was on the list so how can you not go and understand how awesome that is
Good luck getting home or renters insurance for the next 5 years. LOL

FYI- As great as these State Farm policies seem, filing claims on them will cause your HOMEOWNERS INSURANCE rates to skyrocket, and in some cases prevent you from being able to buy a standard market home owners policy at all, especially if you have filed multiple drone claims.

These losses are reported by State Farm to the "Comprehensive Loss Underwriting Exchange" CLUE for short, as property claims and will be the basis for premium surcharges at your renewal, probably far beyond what you recover on the drone claim. This will also be the reason many insurance companies will decline to sell you a new homeowners policy when you DO decide to buy a house. The CLUE report is a database of claims all carriers submit loss info to and share with each other. These losses will remain on that report for up to 5 years and so will the premium surcharges.

I hope it's worth it to you.

Dave Garzoli
California Insurance License 0G74659

Don't beleive me? See the user response on a similar post I made on Facebook earlier today.View attachment 87407
Does this hold true if your home policy with a different company?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929