DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Insurance companies....any recomendations?

Reactions
Does anyone know any decent insurance conpanies that cover for personal damage and third party liability?

I may take out the DJI care for personal use, but wondering if anyone knows a worthwhile third party package?

I saw a company that allows you to insurance as you fly, but you need to have some sort of licence? I will get this eventually but have a road trip to California at the end of the month... so need something for now.

Thanks in advance!

Will

Does anyone know any decent insurance conpanies that cover for personal damage and third party liability?

I may take out the DJI care for personal use, but wondering if anyone knows a worthwhile third party package?

I saw a company that allows you to insurance as you fly, but you need to have some sort of licence? I will get this eventually but have a road trip to California at the end of the month... so need something for now.

Thanks in advance!

Will
Info Here:

Gotten insurance with State Farm? If so please read!

I have State Farm personal articles policy for loss, for liability I am a member of the AMA which gives you 2.5mil in liability as a hobbies, assuming you are conforming to their standards. That will not cover part 107. Liability that covers you as a commercial UAV pilot is a bit more expensive and you can get a per use policy with verifly. You tell the app where and when you are going to fly and they quote you a rate by the half hour or hour. You can also choose how much liability you want.

My AAA Homeowner's policy covers my hobby drone activities.Thumbswayup
IIRC, the AMA's insurance is SECONDARY and kicks in only after your primary insurance is used up:mad:

Thanks Chris I live in London so yes, I will sign up. Surprised at how cheap that is though?!

I havent looked properly at the terms but I assume it doesnt cover worldwide. I need something for my trip to California... so may need to keep looking!

Will, don't know where you are but if you are in the UK, joining the BMFA will give you insurance. Cost is £34 per year. See

Members Insurance

for details of insurance.

Chris

I know folks who have flown large scale gliders in Europe, I'll ask about it and get back soon.

Its cheap because the community is by and large a responsible one so claims are infrequent.

Last edited:
This is what I was told:

"Cover is worldwide but you should contact the BMFA office before travelling to advise them of your trip and to check on any local restrictions."

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
User711