Welcome Mavic Pilot!
Jump in and join our free DJI Mavic community today!

Insurance do I need it/have it?

Abernus

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am a little confused as I see people saying you need liability insurance etc. I have not had my Mavic Pro long and only flown it a few times.

When I first got it I was prompted to buy the DJI Care Refresh and I did that. I understand that this covers me if I crash and can recover my Mavic I can send it in for repairs/replacement (Within reason) However do I also need liability insurance on top of this?

I am not fly commercially and nothing I do with the Mavic is for profit or money. I solely fly for the fun of it and to get some amazing photos for me or to share for free. So with this in mind do I need any more cover.insurance.

P.S I only fly in the UK

Woolnut

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am a little confused as I see people saying you need liability insurance etc. I have not had my Mavic Pro long and only flown it a few times.

When I first got it I was prompted to buy the DJI Care Refresh and I did that. I understand that this covers me if I crash and can recover my Mavic I can send it in for repairs/replacement (Within reason) However do I also need liability insurance on top of this?

I am not fly commercially and nothing I do with the Mavic is for profit or money. I solely fly for the fun of it and to get some amazing photos for me or to share for free. So with this in mind do I need any more cover.insurance.

P.S I only fly in the UK
I have public liability insurance on top of DJI Refresh as DJI Refresh does not cover you if you cause damage to others property. If i was to crash my drone into someones brand new sports car or cause a large amount of damage public liability insurance will cover any legal costs and payouts ordered. (assuming you are flying legally)

Without it, if you caused £30,000 worth of damage and you were taken to court, you would need to find the money for legal fees and also a payout (if it goes against you). My cover costs me £20pa for £5,000,000 worth of cover, i would recommend getting it at such a low cost!

Reactions: tems and Abernus

Abernus

Reaction score
Woolnut, can you let me know who you use for your cover?

InvisibleName

Reaction score
I have public liability insurance on top of DJI Refresh as DJI Refresh does not cover you if you cause damage to others property. If i was to crash my drone into someones brand new sports car or cause a large amount of damage public liability insurance will cover any legal costs and payouts ordered. (assuming you are flying legally)

Without it, if you caused £30,000 worth of damage and you were taken to court, you would need to find the money for legal fees and also a payout (if it goes against you). My cover costs me £20pa for £5,000,000 worth of cover, i would recommend getting it at such a low cost!
What he said! You’d be mad to fly without liability insurance!!

zorr0

Reaction score
Hi all,

P.S I only fly in the UK
You are a home hobbyist. Save yer money. You got homeowners? Good enuff. If you lose your drone I don’t think anybody is gonna buy that anyway. I wouldn’t. I’d say......sure. Right...maybe an eagle ate it. Or a UFO.

InvisibleName

Reaction score
You are a home hobbyist. Save yer money. You got homeowners? Good enuff. If you lose your drone I don’t think anybody is gonna buy that anyway. I wouldn’t. I’d say......sure. Right...maybe an eagle ate it. Or a UFO.
If you’re going to rely on your homeowners insurance, I’d read the small print!

Reactions: Woolnut

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbit x