DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Insurance do I need it/have it?

Abernus

Reactions
Hi all,

I am a little confused as I see people saying you need liability insurance etc. I have not had my Mavic Pro long and only flown it a few times.

When I first got it I was prompted to buy the DJI Care Refresh and I did that. I understand that this covers me if I crash and can recover my Mavic I can send it in for repairs/replacement (Within reason) However do I also need liability insurance on top of this?

I am not fly commercially and nothing I do with the Mavic is for profit or money. I solely fly for the fun of it and to get some amazing photos for me or to share for free. So with this in mind do I need any more cover.insurance.

P.S I only fly in the UK

Hi all,

I am a little confused as I see people saying you need liability insurance etc. I have not had my Mavic Pro long and only flown it a few times.

When I first got it I was prompted to buy the DJI Care Refresh and I did that. I understand that this covers me if I crash and can recover my Mavic I can send it in for repairs/replacement (Within reason) However do I also need liability insurance on top of this?

I am not fly commercially and nothing I do with the Mavic is for profit or money. I solely fly for the fun of it and to get some amazing photos for me or to share for free. So with this in mind do I need any more cover.insurance.

P.S I only fly in the UK

I have public liability insurance on top of DJI Refresh as DJI Refresh does not cover you if you cause damage to others property. If i was to crash my drone into someones brand new sports car or cause a large amount of damage public liability insurance will cover any legal costs and payouts ordered. (assuming you are flying legally)

Without it, if you caused £30,000 worth of damage and you were taken to court, you would need to find the money for legal fees and also a payout (if it goes against you). My cover costs me £20pa for £5,000,000 worth of cover, i would recommend getting it at such a low cost!

Reactions: tems and Abernus
I have public liability insurance on top of DJI Refresh as DJI Refresh does not cover you if you cause damage to others property. If i was to crash my drone into someones brand new sports car or cause a large amount of damage public liability insurance will cover any legal costs and payouts ordered. (assuming you are flying legally)

Without it, if you caused £30,000 worth of damage and you were taken to court, you would need to find the money for legal fees and also a payout (if it goes against you). My cover costs me £20pa for £5,000,000 worth of cover, i would recommend getting it at such a low cost!
What he said! You’d be mad to fly without liability insurance!!

Hi all,

P.S I only fly in the UK

You are a home hobbyist. Save yer money. You got homeowners? Good enuff. If you lose your drone I don’t think anybody is gonna buy that anyway. I wouldn’t. I’d say......sure. Right...maybe an eagle ate it. Or a UFO.

Reactions: Platinum 4 ever
You are a home hobbyist. Save yer money. You got homeowners? Good enuff. If you lose your drone I don’t think anybody is gonna buy that anyway. I wouldn’t. I’d say......sure. Right...maybe an eagle ate it. Or a UFO.
If you’re going to rely on your homeowners insurance, I’d read the small print!

Reactions: Woolnut
I checked with my agent when I started looking into drones who said they are covered under your personal policy so long as you aren't using it commercially.

Time for some homework.... Google search for "insurance coverage for drones"
Looking at some of them, if you save up your premiums and you could afford another drone in 4 years.

Here in Oz I do not think any one offers liability insurance for private use UAVs. Australians are not as litigious as other nations but that is changing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato