DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Insurance on a used drone

maVik-Venkat

Reactions
Hey guys - got a used MP and love it. Terrified of it flying away on me and want to insure it. Read the threads here and landed on State farm, who I reached out to.

The thing is: bought mine used, and therefore no receipt. I'm calling the seller to send me one, but seems unlikely.

Anyone dealt with this and got insurance, including flyaway coverage?

Reactions: quantumvortex
I'm unclear.... did SF require a receipt? I'm guessing to prove ownership? Did you pay cash and not obtain any proof of payment? If you paid by another other means you' should have proof of that payment.

I did the same with my first Mavic pro but the seller gave me a copy of his original receipts but with the name and address blacked out. I explain the situation to State Farm and that was fine, so got insurance, now been two years but have since sold the Mavic and bought the Mavic 2 new, so have a receipt.

If you have the sellers name and contact information ask them if they would agree to you creating a receipt that includes the actual cost that you paid for the drone and accessories. You can do this via email or text. If approved then create the receipt and provide to StateFarm.

Working on this last one -- though of course the seller does not have to take this action and they have been correspondingly useful.

Hey guys - got a used MP and love it. Terrified of it flying away on me and want to insure it. Read the threads here and landed on State farm, who I reached out to.

The thing is: bought mine used, and therefore no receipt. I'm calling the seller to send me one, but seems unlikely.

Anyone dealt with this and got insurance, including flyaway coverage?

I have a State Farm PAP policy that covers my cameras as well as drones. When I took out the policy, I didn't have receipts for some of the camera equipment so I took a screen shot of the listing for the same thing on Amazon and they took it. I would imagine you could do the same for a drone.

Update on this thread - they can do a PAP policy, and can cover all my photography stuff, but the drone component still needs a receipt.

Will keep this thread updated if i find a solution.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada