DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Insurance Question

Dagwood_55

Reactions
Did a search on insurance. Either State Farm or DJI Refresh, but many buy both. If you can get SF for $60 a year why would you buy DJI oner SF and why would you buy both? You can only make one claim, right?

Did a search on insurance. Either State Farm or DJI Refresh, but many buy both. If you can get SF for $60 a year why would you buy DJI oner SF and why would you buy both? You can only make one claim, right?
State Farm, really? I contacted my State Farm agent just the other day about drone insurance and he said that they won't insure drones at this time.

if your drone flys away dji will not cover,if your drone gets damaged you might want dji care

I talked to my SF guy yesterday, he said come on by with the sales recept.

So for a fly away or a submarine, SF. And for a repair, DJI? Makes sense..... I can do that.

My local SF guys did not want my drone business unless they got cars and home too. They said SF would be out of the drone business soon.

Reactions: WAXMAN
I would find another agent, because mine is State Farm and they did.
You actually have a policy for the drone? Please let me know who your agent is, maybe my guy needs to contact him for details of the procedure he took to secure the coverage. I appreciate any help you can give. Thanx!

I have SF in Beulah, Michigan. $60 and they cover everything via a Personal Articles Policy. Of course, I do have all my other policies through them, so they are making "big bucks" off of me.

Reactions: Mirabeau Lamar
I recently transferred my SF policy from my Mavic 1 to the Mavic 2 with no issues. Someone made a list of all the SF agents for almost every state and posted it on the Mavic 1 forum like last year. You could try and search for it.

State Farm, really? I contacted my State Farm agent just the other day about drone insurance and he said that they won't insure drones at this time.

I just got coverage through State Farm last week. $60.00 for 2700.00 in coverage. I did contact 3 other agents before I found one that would write it. Another member on here sent my the name of an agent about an hour away from my and she was happy to help.

I just got coverage through State Farm last week. $60.00 for 2700.00 in coverage. I did contact 3 other agents before I found one that would write it. Another member on here sent my the name of an agent about an hour away from my and she was happy to help.
Are these hull insurance only or does it include liability coverage as well, which is what I'm looking for since I fly commercially. I should have been more specific in the original message.

No liability coverage. I carry an umbrella policy for that. You should have that covered under your commercial liability policy if using for business

I fly with Skywatch. $1 million liability for property damage, injury and privacy invasion claims. Good anywhere anytime in the U.S. You can also get hull insurance through them for the drone. The safer you fly, the lower the premiums.To get monthly coverage, you must be 107 certified. Otherwise, you can buy coverage per flight. Their app will tell you the cost for coverage per flight.

Edited link: SkyWatch.AI - Drone Insurance App | On-Demand | Safer Pilots Pay Less

Last edited:
Certainly any company will likely cover the hull portion, but are you getting liability coverage from them as well? I think that's where they will balk at issuing coverage. I should have been more specificnin the original post, thanx!

I fly with Skywatch. $1 million liability for property damage, injury and privacy invasion claims. Good anywhere anytime in the U.S. You can also get hull insurance through them for the drone. The safer you fly, the lower the premiums.To get monthly coverage, you must be 107 certified. Otherwise, you can buy coverage per flight. Their app will tell you the cost for coverage per flight.

Edited link: SkyWatch.AI - Drone Insurance App | On-Demand | Safer Pilots Pay Less
RCdancer - Do you have to use SkyWatch's App to control your drone while you fly?

You must use their app if you're buying insurance for one specific flight ("buy as you fly") to plan the flight, but I do not believe you must use it to actually fly. If you get the monthly plan (for which you must be 107 certified), you can fly anywhere anytime in the U.S. and can use any app (I specifically asked them; no requirement to use the Skywatch app). You also do not have to report your flights unless you want discounts for safe flying.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NIKLM