DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Insurance

I have been married going on 15 years and if I have had any increases on that policy, they were minimal.
Right? I only have State Farm right now for the pap insurance and the way this whole thing went I'm certainly thinking about switching over all my other insurance is that way if they let me after making a claim like this LOL

Reactions: Neebles
Bought mine from State Farm in Illinois. $80 for $1300 coverage. Little higher than others but then again I don’t use them for anything else.

Went and got the state farm insurance from recommendations on here. Cost me 60 dollars in NY for 3500 coverage. I was able to put the mavic fly more combo, 2 gopro 4 silvers, and my nikon dslr with 2 lenses no deductible. The lady also told me they add in inflation if the cost goes up and even though I bought everyhting on major sales they are all covered for original price since the receipt listed original. So I paid 899.00 for the fly more combo I would get a check for 1299.00 the way she explained it to me

Went to my State Farm agent a few days ago. We have cars and house with them. Adding Mavic Pro and Marco Polo to existing PAP was $20. Can’t beat it.

Reactions: Oconnb910
Went to my State Farm agent a few days ago. We have cars and house with them. Adding Mavic Pro and Marco Polo to existing PAP was $20. Can’t beat it.
it isnt a good idea to get drone coverage with the same company that covers your home and auto,make a claim on your drone and if your policy increases then so does your auto/home.

Reactions: MichiganMavic
it isnt a good idea to get drone coverage with the same company that covers your home and auto,make a claim on your drone and if your policy increases then so does your auto/home.[/
Not necessarily true. Most people do believe that. Rate is determined by a myriad of factors including how long you’ve been with a company, number (and amount ) of claims, etc. so many people are wary of making a claim with the belief that their insurance will go up. We’ve had a few claims, certainly more $ than the Mavic with no rate change.
And, do you not think that insurance companies share claim data as a fraud prevention measure? Imagine some dishonest Mavic owner getting insurance with a few companies and filing multiple claims. That’s the reason for shared databases.

Reactions: Oconnb910
you may get a forgiven claim[may]the first time but not the 2nd time and drones are a high risk item.

I agree. Whether or not you have your insurance all packaged or have the drone with another company.
I’m not too worried about losing the Mavic with Marco Polo aboard. Damage? For sure.
I just can’t spend my life worrying about my insurance rates. I got the insurance. It’s way cheaper (with better coverage) than DJI. End of story

insurance co,banks and other look for reason to hike rates,i missed a mortgage pmt due to the mail mixup,first time in 19 years but that one mess up caused my mortgage to go up $37,that was 3 years ago and still paying it,im just trying to prevent a money grubbing issue like this happening to others.

Reactions: shoemaker
I'm in California and SF told me that they did not do Drones any one in Ca. that has it?

I REALLY do NOT recommend buying insurance for the drone through any "regular" provider like State Farm etc. And that's from someone who has State Farm insurance on his car/house. You make a claim or two and bam - your rates go up. Doesn't matter if you use the same company for your home/auto insurance etc. There's a database of these things which is why insurance companies already know if you're a risk when they insure you.

DJI Refresh is the only method of insurance that makes "sense." There's no risk/repercussions with it, and you'd be surprised how much regular insurance can go up when you lose your no-claims or the database updates with the loss of your drone.

Also to note, if you already have State Farm and add the drone to your policy, you'll likely see your rate change much more quickly if you make a claim.

I REALLY do NOT recommend buying insurance for the drone through any "regular" provider like State Farm etc. And that's from someone who has State Farm insurance on his car/house. You make a claim or two and bam - your rates go up. Doesn't matter if you use the same company for your home/auto insurance etc. There's a database of these things which is why insurance companies already know if you're a risk when they insure you.

DJI Refresh is the only method of insurance that makes "sense." There's no risk/repercussions with it, and you'd be surprised how much regular insurance can go up when you lose your no-claims or the database updates with the loss of your drone.

Also to note, if you already have State Farm and add the drone to your policy, you'll likely see your rate change much more quickly if you make a claim.
You can only get DJI refresh for 1 year but it is a good deal i have it for my Mavic Pro and Phantom 4 Pro

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cryhav0c