DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Insurance

DCDronePilot

Reactions
1.) What insurance do you have for your aircraft?

2.) Have you had to use it?

3.) Would you recommend it?

4.) How much did it cost you?

I've got State Farm for my MPP. $60 premium. I highly recommend it for peace of mind. I steered away from DJI Care because of the price and nightmare stories of dealing with DJI Customer Service.

Reactions: Neebles
I have State Farm, my coverage is 23 dollars for the year, however, I already had a policy covering some jewelry. I do not have homeowners or auto insurance with them. Just a personal articles policy. I fortunately have not had to use it, but knowing I have it made flying 100% more enjoyable. It takes away that level of stress when you see a $1000 dollar toy flying off to the horizon. For the cost vs Refresh, it was a no brainer. It’s significantly less expensive, and doesn’t require recovery if the drone is lost.

I have State Farm. $60 a year. I will not deal with DJI too many horror stories. And when I purchased my MP I purchased it at Best Buy. I do not want to deal with DJI directly.

State Farm...$60...Crash, Recreational
Already have a liability umbrella with a different provider.

Have not had to use it...yet.

I believe it has been said, on this forum and others, that this State Farm coverage is not available in California as stand alone policy. It has to be added as a rider to an existing auto or homeowners policy. That would be a shame since it seems to be the best coverage.
Admittedly, I haven't contacted an agent to verify the situation.
I could do that. I should do that. I will do that!
Have any of you had a different experience?

Alright, I followed through. I went to two different State Farm offices and called a third agent. All three didn't know if drones would be covered. All three called me back to say that in California, drones, along with celll phones, tablets, smart watches, etc., etc., are not covered by State Farm.
One more good reason to move to Grand Junction!!

I went with State farm on my mavic pro platinum. I ended up crashing it into a creek and it sank. Called State farm and within 3 days I had a check. I hope they will take me back.

State farm for me as well for the Mavic Pro and Spark all for $60 and zero deductible. Makes me happy and I can sleep easy knowing it's fully covered.

I called State Farm they will not cover commercial drone use in NYS. I have not found anyone else in NYS either. Verifly is awesome but again cannot use in NYS.

Every policy I look at is for liability and property (HULL) coverage. So DJI care is really my only option. The out of state coverage is $572.00 for the annual coverage and the deductible is $250.00. I really don't need the constant liability at this time but that's the only policies I can find

Just got insurance today. State Farm-$60 I think many people are under the impression that they are covered for liability... not in NYS. Funny how they will cut a check for 1200, but not create a policy for liability. Its gotta be more safe than a motorcycle.

Just got insurance today. State Farm-$60 I think many people are under the impression that they are covered for liability... not in NYS. Funny how they will cut a check for 1200, but not create a policy for liability. Its gotta be more safe than a motorcycle.

What office or agent did you get your policy at. I was denied, the minute I told them I was a commercial pilot. There are other companies out there that do hull coverage plus liability but the premiums are around $550.00 or more a year. I do not want to deny or lie about being a commercial pilot.

What office or agent did you get your policy at. I was denied, the minute I told them I was a commercial pilot. There are other companies out there that do hull coverage plus liability but the premiums are around $550.00 or more a year. I do not want to deny or lie about being a commercial pilot.
Commercial or for fun? I fly as a hobbiest.

SF won't cover any drone if flown commercially. Only recreational use. At least not under a personal articles policy

1.) What insurance do you have for your aircraft? State Farm

2.) Have you had to use it? Not as of yet.

3.) Would you recommend it? Yes.

4.) How much did it cost you? $60/year with $0 deductible.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
canuckdive