DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Insurance

critical

Reactions
I have recently received the DJI Mavic 2 Zoom, and I would like to insure it. I don't want to get the DJI care because I heard their customer support is really bad and it can be a bit pricey. Does anyone know a better place to get insurance from to cover for the drone. Thanks

State Farm insures drones for like $55-65yr fully insures ur drone/accesories/etc. also Farmers Ins. just started to do the same

Reactions: Trollistika
State Farm (New Hampshire) told me they will only insure drones as part of another business (construction, Real estate etc) . They will not insure a drone company.

Arizona. State Farm insured all four DJI Phantoms full coverage $60 per year no deductible. I already had my insurance with SF but not necessary for drone policy. They paid full purchase price on my P4P flyaway Litchi Mission in canyons. Did not return. Someone said they will not renew if you have a claim. Mine just renewed last month. Note this does not cover liability. My homeowners policy takes care of that. If you fly commercially you will need to acquire separate business insurance. Very expensive.

Reactions: W3HOG and ff22
State Farm (New Hampshire) told me they will only insure drones as part of another business (construction, Real estate etc) . They will not insure a drone company.
Lazy agent. You may need to call several before you find an agent who knows how to write it and willing for such a small commission.

Arizona. State Farm insured all four DJI Phantoms full coverage $60 per year no deductible. I already had my insurance with SF but not necessary for drone policy. They paid full purchase price on my P4P flyaway Litchi Mission in canyons. Did not return. Someone said they will not renew if you have a claim. Mine just renewed last month. Note this does not cover liability. My homeowners policy takes care of that. If you fly commercially you will need to acquire separate business insurance. Very expensive.

I am looking into this now, I bought my drone second hand but it was never flown. Dji Care is a pain in the *** with the "verification video"!
Thanks for this info!! I'm in Fountain Hills, AZ

Lazy agent. You may need to call several before you find an agent who knows how to write it and willing for such a small commission.
4 quarters is still a dollar, with 4 happy customers to farm for future business. Silly business practices.

Reactions: W3HOG
State Farm in PA is telling me they will not insure my Mavic 2 Pro:mad: I need to try another agent.

I have recently received the DJI Mavic 2 Zoom, and I would like to insure it. I don't want to get the DJI care because I heard their customer support is really bad and it can be a bit pricey. Does anyone know a better place to get insurance from to cover for the drone. Thanks
State Farm is definitely the way to go! I originally signed up for “drone insurance“ and only pay $60 a year for full coverage! They told me if my drone crashes in the swamp or flies off somewhere in the mountains of Colorado I don’t even have to retrieve the broken pieces or try to fish it out of water to get my replacement (which DJI requires if you choose that route.) This gives me peace of mind while flying my Mavic 2 Pro, but wait! There's more! I have even more great news!… I just added a Mavic 2 Zoom to my fleet and had assumed it would be an additional $60 a year (~$120 total) but to my surprise my payment didn’t change at all!!! $60 a year for two really nice drones is well worth the peace of mind I now get while flying! I don’t care how great of a pilot do you think you are, accidents happen and drones can malfunction so spend the $60 and sign up with your local State Farm agent ASAP!!! I also added my new mountain e-bike (worth ~$2000) to my plan but for some reason that cost an additional $180 a year! I guess the idea of bike theft still outweighs the risk of a drone malfunctioning and crashing Ha ha. Oh well.

* remember to tell them you want "drone insurance" not just an addition to a homeowners plan. It’s a separate thing entirely!

Happy flying!

Reactions: Ynksfan27
State Farm is definitely the way to go! I originally signed up for “drone insurance“ and only pay $60 a year for full coverage! They told me if my drone crashes in the swamp or flies off somewhere in the mountains of Colorado I don’t even have to retrieve the broken pieces or try to fish it out of water to get my replacement (which DJI requires if you choose that route.) This gives me peace of mind while flying my Mavic 2 Pro, but wait! There's more! I have even more great news!… I just added a Mavic 2 Zoom to my fleet and had assumed it would be an additional $60 a year (~$120 total) but to my surprise my payment didn’t change at all!!! $60 a year for two really nice drones is well worth the peace of mind I now get while flying! I don’t care how great of a pilot do you think you are, accidents happen and drones can malfunction so spend the $60 and sign up with your local State Farm agent ASAP!!! I also added my new mountain e-bike (worth ~$2000) to my plan but for some reason that cost an additional $180 a year! I guess the idea of bike theft still outweighs the risk of a drone malfunctioning and crashing Ha ha. Oh well.

* remember to tell them you want "drone insurance" not just an addition to a homeowners plan. It’s a separate thing entirely!

Happy flying!

But will they raise the rates if you have a claim?

They paid for my fly away Phantom 4 Pro. Policy renewed at same $6o. Your homeowners policy will cover liability for property damage and bodily injury to others. It does not cover bodily injury to yourself.

Last edited:
Go into this knowing the facts.

1) DJI Care has been fantastic for me. I dunked my camera doing something stupid. Needed to be replaced. Took a week they were great. So I am going to say my experience through all my DJI units has been very good. I do recommend using the online options. It works quickly. The down side is that it is pricey! Pricey to start and pricey to get a refresh - you have to pay a deductible.

2) State Farm for me was $60 - pretty straight forward and the replace your bird under just about any circumstance.

I think the absolute best option is State Farm.. It's the way I will go from here on out.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jlhdez