DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Insurance

I contacted state farm about a standalone policy today for $1000 for my Mavic and they quoted me $30 for a year with no deductible. I asked if it covered accidental damage, damage due to mechanical failure, and "fly-aways" or being lost in a lake. He told me yes to all. He's writing it up now (what the heck does that mean?) and will contact me tomorrow. I'm skeptical flyaways would really be covered. I lead with wanting to insure an "aerial camera". He asked if it was a drone, I replied yes, and we went from there. In all honesty, it sounds too good to be true. Has anyone filed a claim yet?

State?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

State Farm for Chicago quotes me at 28 bucks a year for theft, loss , repair and breakage(on top
Of the refresh I purchased). But it won't cover water damage.

SIGN ME THE **** UP

State Farm for Chicago quotes me at 28 bucks a year for theft, loss , repair and breakage(on top

SIGN ME THE **** UP

If you lose it in a lake, do they still cover it?

I've seen this insurance company that covers you - on the fly.
You buy insurance per area via mobile application and for a specific flight time.
* I think it's included Fly-Away to outside areas.

Have you heard about it ?

That's pretty awesome, and I think I have a buddy that sells for them so that makes it easy.

Wow that's pretty good! Is the coverage for full replacement or do they depreciate the value depending on how long you had it?

SIGN ME THE **** UP

So, some State Farm policies cover water damage, and some do not? I guess it probably depends on the agent. I'm currently looking for one in Seattle, Wa. Trying to correspond via email, but so-far no takers.

I called my State Farm rep here in California ... he said because it is registered with the FAA it's considered an aircraft and they cannot insure aircrafts. Anyone have a contact here in California I can get in touch with? Thanks!

But your Mavic isn't registered, you're registered. Only 'drones' weighing 55 pounds or more are registered as aircraft. Your Mavic registration is actually you registering as a pilot.

I'm not sure you even need a paf, it should be covered under your home or renters for theft at least just like any of ur personal property(minus ur ded). Not sure if either one will cover for fly aways, of course you can always say it was stolen. Lol.

Liab follows you too, whether you're flying your drone or not.
This may be the case, but the attractiveness of the State Farm policy is the low to no deductible, where most if not all home owners policies have a $500 - $1500 deductible, if someone steals or you lose your $1000 quad it won't do you a bit of good to file a claim as your deductible is as high or more than the cost of a new one. And keep in mind the DJI policy does NOT cover complete loss, fire, or theft.

But your Mavic isn't registered, you're registered. Only 'drones' weighing 55 pounds or more are registered as aircraft. Your Mavic registration is actually you registering as a pilot.
EXACTLY! many people confuse this issue, you are NOT registering your A/C, you are being registered as a uAV pilot, so the Mavic does not qualify under the codes as an FAA registered A/C

Just got off the phone again with multiple State Farm branches. Here in California if the person operating the drone needs to register.... it is still considered an aircraft :/

Contacted State Farm locally here in Washington State. The policy is only available if I fly 100% for recreational use. Unfortunately, that rules me out.

"The drone may only be used exclusively for sport, recreation or hobby purposes. If used in any business or conjunction with any business activities it would not be eligible."

Asked a local State Farm agent and was told it was not available in Wisconsin. Told him about the forums saying State Farm did offer it. He checked and found out they will start covering drones in WI in December but allowed me to get a policy early!

Z

State farm in Florida quoted me full coverage for $75 a year. With $100 deductible

Feels great to finally fly a drone with no fear of it flying away or falling into the ocean.

State farm in Florida quoted me full coverage for $75 a year. With $100 deductible

Feels great to finally fly a drone with no fear of it flying away or falling into the ocean.

lol how'd you manage to get State Farm home owners insurance in Florida? I must live to close to the beach.

Has anyone in Texas successfully purchased a standalone policy through State Farm? I just contacted a local agent who replied by saying they do offer drone coverage but not as a standalone... I wonder if they are just trying to upsell me a bundle for the coverage.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calezu