DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Insurance

Has anyone in Texas successfully purchased a standalone policy through State Farm? I just contacted a local agent who replied by saying they do offer drone coverage but not as a standalone... I wonder if they are just trying to upsell me a bundle for the coverage.

I have. They do offer standalone coverage. $60/year with $0 deductible. State farm personal articles policy. I live in a suburb of Houston.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I have. They do offer standalone coverage. $60/year with $0 deductible. State farm personal articles policy. I live in a suburb of Houston.

Thanks for the info! Do you happen to have the agents name who set up your policy? I don't seem to making much traction with the local agent in my area.

Thanks!

You might give THESE guy's a try, they insure tens of thousands of phones and tablets thru the carriers.

Since I'm in California (Bay Area) and can't get the State Farm policy (two agents I talked to have said it is no longer done in California) I'm going to contact these guys. Only $50 more than DJI Refresh and covers for 2 years. Worth asking about at least.

Also heard from tons of forums that SF offers drone insurance but my local office hasn't heard of it.

Mavic - North Bay, CA

Contacted State Farm locally here in Washington State. The policy is only available if I fly 100% for recreational use. Unfortunately, that rules me out.

"The drone may only be used exclusively for sport, recreation or hobby purposes. If used in any business or conjunction with any business activities it would not be eligible."

I highly doubt the insurance agency would find out or take the time to find out if you used the drone for business purposes. As long as you don't tell on yourself and keep it as " hobby" on the record. Even if it were to somehow find out you can say you have multiple drones for different purposes and the one lost is your recreational bird NOT for business.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I signed up for the $60 State Farm personal articles policy in here in Brooklyn, NY. ($1100 insured, so remote is insured if stolen, but not extra batteries)
I had to agree it was for recreation, which it is and I had to show them photo of receipt and box with serial number.

I'm inquiring right now with my local State Farm agent for the Personal Article Policy insurance. I live in southern NJ... The woman I spoke with said she had to call the company, she didn't know how to write the policy. My Mavic Pro is arriving tomorrow, 3 weeks ahead of the back ordered date!

Update:

I just heard back from State Farm. They do cover drones in NJ. They have to be for recreational use and weigh less than 55 pounds. The policy covers pretty much everything, loss, theft, mechanical and physical damage. The premium is $100 per year to start, but will be adjusted when sent to the underwriter. It will not go below $50 per year. There is no deductible either. Seems like a no brainer to me. All I have to bring a copy of the receipt and model and serial number of the Mavic Pro. The remote is also covered.

Update:

I received my policy today. Exactly as I previously described. The premium is $60 per year with no deductible.

Last edited:
Reactions: ggessel
I'm inquiring right now with my local State Farm agent for the Personal Article Policy insurance. I live in southern NJ... The woman I spoke with said she had to call the company, she didn't know how to write the policy. My Mavic Pro is arriving tomorrow, 3 weeks ahead of the back ordered date!

Update:

I just heard back from State Farm. They do cover drones in NJ. They have to be for recreational use and weigh less than 55 pounds. The policy covers pretty much everything, loss, theft, mechanical and physical damage. The premium is $100 per year to start, but will be adjusted when sent to the underwriter. It will not go below $50 per year. There is no deductible either. Seems like a no brainer to me. All I have to bring a copy of the receipt and model and serial number of the Mavic Pro. The remote is also covered.

Yup. I have been insured for months and months. $60. a year no deductible.

Hope I will never have to make a claim (crosses fingers)

Reactions: dscrap
This may be the case, but the attractiveness of the State Farm policy is the low to no deductible, where most if not all home owners policies have a $500 - $1500 deductible, if someone steals or you lose your $1000 quad it won't do you a bit of good to file a claim as your deductible is as high or more than the cost of a new one. And keep in mind the DJI policy does NOT cover complete loss, fire, or theft.

This is my issue. I have Travelers (through Gieco) as my homeowners and they'll cover my drone for loss after the deductible so that doesn't help me at all. I am covered however for the liability which is good but at the end of the day they say liability is covered but the final decision on the specifics comes down to the underwriters.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi