DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Intelligent Flight Modes on Mavic Air

cmartinpe

Reactions
Hi folks,

Any clue about what intelligent flight modes are built into the new Mavic Air?

I know the fancy 'spark' modes + boomerang and asteroid are included but I'm really into the more cinematic ones like: spotlight, point of interest and course/home lock modes.

If those are not included, it's a deal breaker for me and I'll stick to the Mavic Pro.

thanks!

Hello, droners,
let me first say, Although I'm a FAA certified pilot, I'm an extreme neophyte to drones..
I would hope the boomerang and asteroid feature will be included for Mavic pro with the recently released software and firmware update. If anyone has the knowledge or would care to elaborate.

Thank you..... Bryan

Hello, droners,
let me first say, Although I'm a FAA certified pilot, I'm an extreme neophyte to drones..
I would hope the boomerang and asteroid feature will be included for Mavic pro with the recently released software and firmware update. If anyone has the knowledge or would care to elaborate.

Thank you..... Bryan
I hope so too, but I believe DJI will release those modes in updates to the MP as they released the Spark modes

Hi folks,

Any clue about what intelligent flight modes are built into the new Mavic Air?

I know the fancy 'spark' modes + boomerang and asteroid are included but I'm really into the more cinematic ones like: spotlight, point of interest and course/home lock modes.

If those are not included, it's a deal breaker for me and I'll stick to the Mavic Pro.

thanks!

Hi!

I was just watching the tutorials on youtube posted by DJI themselves, and was also missing home/course lock. However, if you watch the TapFly episode, they explain 4 modes. In one of the modes ('Free') you can control the quads yaw while the heading will not change. Much like course lock, but in my opinion even better!

If you take a look at the DJI comparison you posted they indeed do not note POI as flight mode for the mavic air. However, in all review and tutorials POI is in the menu and Waypoints is missing (which is again stated on the DJI website showing the comparison). My best guess would be that POI is there and Waypoints not (at least, yet).

Hope this helps!

If i'm not mistaken the Spark and MA use orbit instead of POI used in the MP/MPP.

The TapFly Free seems like a downgrade from course lock TBH. Sure it's basically doing the same thing except without stick control of the speed and direction of travel.

Hi!

I was just watching the tutorials on youtube posted by DJI themselves, and was also missing home/course lock. However, if you watch the TapFly episode, they explain 4 modes. In one of the modes ('Free') you can control the quads yaw while the heading will not change. Much like course lock, but in my opinion even better!

If you take a look at the DJI comparison you posted they indeed do not note POI as flight mode for the mavic air. However, in all review and tutorials POI is in the menu and Waypoints is missing (which is again stated on the DJI website showing the comparison). My best guess would be that POI is there and Waypoints not (at least, yet).

Hope this helps!

A DJI official has just confirmed (https://forum.dji.com/thread-132344-1-1.html) that the 'Waypoints' mode was listed wrongly on the Mavic Air comparison page. It should be POI. They just updated the Mavic Air mode list on the comparison page to:

ActiveTrack
QuickShot
SmartCapture
TapFly
Tripod Mode
Cinematic Mode
Point of Interest

I copy/paste the great answer from Qoncussion in this thread: Home Lock vs. Return to Home
Actually, HL will ALWAYS bring the Mavic back towards the home point (launch point) when pulling the right stick back, no matter where the drone is, or its orientation. It does not fly backwards, perse, it flies in whichever direction is home ~even if that means that the craft is flying sideways at an odd angle. It was developed, along with Course Lock as options for cinematic shots. It just so happens that it comes in handy for getting the drone home as well.

And here are all the Quishot modes in action (among with APAS) :

;)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman