DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Intelligent modes changing my filming settings?

Faith_Granger

Reactions
Still new at all this, but shooting a music video with my Mavic Pro, and going back and forth between normal mode, tripod mode, follow mode. I set-up my camera for manual control and auto focus. I set up my frame rate to 60 (because I am going to slow mo the footage in post), so I'm shooting in 1920 X 1080 and my shutter speed to 1/120. My iso stays at 100 cause I film in very bright light, and I use ND filters to get proper exposure.

OK, so with all that said, I found that sometimes when I switch from normal mode to one of the intelligent fight modes, it seems of my settings appear to change on their own. Yesterday I filmed and when i came home everything looked like crap. I checked my settings again and shutter speed was down to 1/60. I honesty don't remember changing it (???).

Also sometimes I use manual focus, but when switching to some modes (like follow I believe), the focus switched to automatic (or am I losing it? LOL).

Can anyone share whether above is supposed to happen, aka do certain mode require certain settings and default to them when you switch the mode on? And if so, will it go back to your previous settings once you exit the intelligent mode?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78