DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Intelligent Mode - circle

fprose

Reactions
New here but tried some due diligence to research the answer. I've been playing with the intelligent modes, specifically the circle. I'm having issues getting the drone to actually track a truly round flight path. Doing this from a hover of about 50-100 ft. It tends to be pretty oblong. Ideas as to what I might be doing wrong?

Also is there a way to keep the drone repeating the circle or is it always "one and done"?

Thanks.

New here but tried some due diligence to research the answer. I've been playing with the intelligent modes, specifically the circle. I'm having issues getting the drone to actually track a truly round flight path. Doing this from a hover of about 50-100 ft. It tends to be pretty oblong. Ideas as to what I might be doing wrong?

Also is there a way to keep the drone repeating the circle or is it always "one and done"?

Thanks.
i’m pretty sure a point of interest well keep doing circle. POI

Reactions: WDKZoom and fprose
I too noticed either with the M2Z or MM1, can't remember which it was observed, that the optical based POI circle was not circular. Well, the observation was that object wasn't centered the entire time.

M2 has the traditional method where you fly on top of the POI to set center, then back away for radius.

If it's not continuous, sounds like you're using Quick Shot or hyperlapse rather than POI. Note with intelligent flight modes other than QS, you have to engage recording yourself.

Reactions: fprose
I too noticed either with the M2Z or MM1, can't remember which it was observed, that the optical based POI circle was not circular. Well, the observation was that object wasn't centered the entire time.

M2 has the traditional method where you fly on top of the POI to set center, then back away for radius.

If it's not continuous, sounds like you're using Quick Shot or hyperlapse rather than POI. Note with intelligent flight modes other than QS, you have to engage recording yourself.
Isn't it that there are two intelligent flight modes? e.g.: circle and POI.

My M2Z flies a perfect circle in POI as seen from my airdata reviews and has calculated the center of the object every time I have used it. I have certainly scared myself with the surrounding objects( ready to hit that "X") within the size of that circle at 50 yards away or more when it appears that I might not be high enough.

WDK

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Electrakill21