DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Interesting discovery re: the yet to ship Wide-angle lens adapter!

BlairAir

Reactions
So earlier tonight I did a few Hyperlapse captures with the Freewell VND (Mist Edition) 2-5 on the Mavic 3. Broght it back after trying a 2 stop to crank it up to 3 or 4 after a look-see. Apparently I must have twisted it slightly loose -no it didn't fall off, if that's where your mind went. Why you gotta be so pessimistic?
😆- Anyway, a peculiar message popped up that has significance for those of us interested and/or with pre-orders on the Wide-angle adapter that I feel like I ordered a lifetime ago. The message was to the effect of "Hyperlapse not possible with Wide-angle adapter installed. Please remove or use another mode"
I'm paraphrasing, and could be way off on the end part, but the first part is **** close. This provides 2 interesting pieces of new information.

1. The lens filter system can identify certain attachments. This could be really useful. Imagine the possibilities!
2. The Wide-angle adapter identifies itself to the M3, if not for setting adjustments, then certainly for controlling what you can or cannot do. Specifically we now know that st the very least, there will be NO HYPERLAPSE footage with wide angle perspectives. They must have gotten sub-par results when testing thar scenario. I'm more concerned than pleased. I don't care if Hyperlapses look like dogshit, I don't like having options locked out. I would rather test something and decide its crap, or get a warning in the adapter documentation (you know, the 2 inch square "manual" or "quickstart" that will come on the box) than have modes locked out. There is just too many decisions made for us already. I appreciate the attempt to try and help deliver a good end user result, but it gets frustrating. How many Samsung Smartphone users find you can't activate a resolution or a setting, only to have to figure out that when you select x you can't select y, but nowhere does it INDICATE why something is disabled or "greyed out" It can be maddening flipping options on and off... nope. not that. not that. that's not it. and on and on.

Ok Info provided. Rant ensues. Sorry. I hope the first part of this post is interesting in any case! What do you think? Good feature, or just another restriction, of which the telephoto lens is the poster child. We need more options. Not fewer.

Reactions: mrprawn
My Osmo pocket messages when a filter or wide angle lens is installed. It’s necessary because it can’t properly stow with those accessories installed. I’m grateful for the info.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard