DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Interesting new follow drone

Here is another video of it following downhill and at time going backwards ahead of the subject.

Very impressive regardless of price. I wish I could have the same confidence in the obstacle avoidance on the MP.
MP2 perhaps? Would not surprise me as DJI definitely knows what the competition is up to.

Very impressive regardless of price. I wish I could have the same confidence in the obstacle avoidance on the MP.
MP2 perhaps? Would not surprise me as DJI definitely knows what the competition is up to.
I am sure the MP2 will have rear sensors and at least the APAS system of the Air on the front. I hope it will have APAS for the rear as well.
This Skydio drone has the best optical tracking I have seen (if it is all done optically.) It seems to work even when the subject is changing shape, going through shadowed areas and passing briefly behind trees. Of course, these are promotional videos. Who knows how well the product will actually work in the hands of real users.

That thing is impressive! Now DJI has to really step up their game. :D

DJI facing some very serious competition on performance is great news.
Excluding military spec stuff like Prox Dynamics, my MP would still be my first choice among anything out there ( for my specific use). That is pretty exceptional for a product that retails for less than $1000.
That said, new, serious competition that pushes the performance envelope for prosumer level drones is always good.

The future! Can't wait until this is affordable. Love the fact that it's done first by someone other than DJI! Competition is just what we all need.

NYT on the Skydio:
In the unlikely case that the development of the Skydio had slipped under the DJI radar (pun intended), could this mean that DJI will delay the introduction of the MP2 from its (rumored) March launch? (In order to implement more sensors, etc.)

I don't think they will change a thing. For one thing, supposedly beta is over and full production is starting. They can't change the hardware. I suppose it might make them put a lower price tag although there's already a 2x price difference. Looks like 2018 is shaping up to be a better year for drones than 2017! I'm very psyched!

Good stuff!
Pack it into the form factor of the MP and a winner is born :)
Way too big for me, but once that type of autonomy is downsized we will be talking.

Good stuff!
Pack it into the form factor of the MP and a winner is born :)
Way too big for me, but once that type of autonomy is downsized we will be talking.
I'm sure it will be just a matter of time and the price will drop as well. I remember my first Phantom was $670 with no camera, about 9 minutes flight time.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi