DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Interesting Observation after firmware update

I had a new firmware update a day or so ago. I also updated to Android 1.1.5 on my phone. Went to fly it last night.. I have flown at dark before and no issue...but last night i noticed it took FOREVER to lock onto GPS Sats. I usually let it sit before its all locked on good before taking off. I could only get like 9 for longest time. Finally turned white with like 12 I think and I took off. Said home point was updated etc. I hovered about 6 foot off ground and the AC was drifting forward...not staying stationary. Never had that before. I flew and landed back manually when done but wondering why the change after firmware and updates? New to drones and flying so no expert here..lol

I DID NOT update IMU or compass after firmware as i didnt think i needed to. Wondering if it was that, or lack of light being dark? Figured GPS would hold location ?

Lastly, when you look at distances and times under your profile in the app....are they always in KM instead of Miles and heights in M not feet? My settings, with AC on and running is set to imperial... ? Just curious on that one as I thought i could change it to Imperial units for the summary somehow.

Thanks!
Always check your UAV Forecast. I noticed in my area in California, I always get less satellites in the morning than in the afternoon. My UAV Forecast is set to minimum 10 satellites. Happy flying.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851