DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Interesting read

dirkclod

Reactions
Was a advertisement but found it interesting. Watch the video,kinda funny
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Geofencing is a great (better) solution.

This is purely a radar that can detect drones, where larger radar possibly doesn't pick them up (too low, too small, etc).
It's good that it also picks up people and vehicle movement at an airport for example, safety wise, but it's a whole other thing to be monitored, needing a person to be ready to act, then they can't disable a drone, so a further section to deal with the problem. Somehow.

DJI really are leading the way with no enabling flight in the first place, a much better solution, but it will only stop the average hobbyist (at the moment also only flying DJI drones), as noted many times any determined nefarious users would hack a DJI drone, or just fly other brands / self built drones.

Wouldn't it be nice to know just how many flights are for nefarious purposes, over the number of flights by regular hobbyists / commercial use ?
Or, how many criminal pilots vs hobbyists / commercial users ?
What, maybe 0.01% would be doing (wanting to do) something criminal ?

I don't think GOVCOs (or industry that would have a use for this kind of tech) would have a clue on this either . . . what companies making these anti drone guns, radar, etc depend on, making something out of nothing (or close to it).

Geofencing is a great (better) solution.

This is purely a radar that can detect drones, where larger radar possibly doesn't pick them up (too low, too small, etc).
It's good that it also picks up people and vehicle movement at an airport for example, safety wise, but it's a whole other thing to be monitored, needing a person to be ready to act, then they can't disable a drone, so a further section to deal with the problem. Somehow.

DJI really are leading the way with no enabling flight in the first place, a much better solution, but it will only stop the average hobbyist (at the moment also only flying DJI drones), as noted many times any determined nefarious users would hack a DJI drone, or just fly other brands / self built drones.

Wouldn't it be nice to know just how many flights are for nefarious purposes, over the number of flights by regular hobbyists / commercial use ?
Or, how many criminal pilots vs hobbyists / commercial users ?
What, maybe 0.01% would be doing (wanting to do) something criminal ?

I don't think GOVCOs (or industry that would have a use for this kind of tech) would have a clue on this either . . . what companies making these anti drone guns, radar, etc depend on, making something out of nothing (or close to it).
In the Fortem ad they claim that criminal droaners can easily remove their geofencing and make themselves invisible. I don’t think so easy.

In the Fortem ad they claim that criminal droaners can easily remove their geofencing and make themselves invisible. I don’t think so easy.

Are you saying removing the factory GEO Fencing isn't easy to remove/override?? If that's a yes... you're wrong my friend. It's a simple software install and Geo Fencing is a GONER! .

Reactions: dirkclod
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ygdrasil