DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Interpreting Metadata

Marko-7

Reactions
So question about this snippet from my metadata:
Flight Yaw Degree:
Can I interpret this as a compass heading or a deviation from original flight take off orientation?

So question about this snippet from my metadata:
Flight Yaw Degree:
Can I interpret this as a compass heading or a deviation from original flight take off orientation?
It's the heading relative to north. But I don't know whether it's true or magnetic. The difference here on the Mississippi coast is only a degree, but it's significant in other locations.

Anyone know?

I'm in Northeastern maine so there is a more significant variation between true and magnetic north. So the question is whether the yaw degrees is magnetic north or True north.

I'm in Northeastern maine so there is a more significant variation between true and magnetic north. So the question is whether the yaw degrees is magnetic north or True north.
In northern Maine, you're dealing with nearly 20 degrees west deviation, it should be possible to shoot some photos with the drone oriented to a known direction and then see what the exif data says.

Weather is likely bad tomorrow< but I will see if friday is better and try to come up with a reference point locally.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ad60