DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Into the woods

Nice flying...how did you get the sound(s)?

How many Props did you brake ;)
But awesome Footage.

Thanx :) No props damaged. Just in one situation i touched some leaves and thin branches but the MP kept flying while i managed to slowly move away from the obstacle.

I've been wanting to follow a walking path through the woods with my Mavic and I was wondering if GPS signal would be lost in the woods with trees overhead. I think you'd have to have OA turned off and RTH set to hover, no? Nice maneuvering. I imagine you used tripod mode. This inspires me to go out and give it a try.

Reactions: ryo
ryo do you turn off any VPS and what do you do for RTH when flying in the trees like that

I've been wanting to follow a walking path through the woods with my Mavic and I was wondering if GPS signal would be lost in the woods with trees overhead. I think you'd have to have OA turned off and RTH set to hover, no? Nice maneuvering. I imagine you used tripod mode. This inspires me to go out and give it a try.

Thanx for watching. :)
So, at first try i switched to tripod but forgot to turn off VPS, so as you can imagine the MP just stopped before starting the footage, no way to move between the trees. I landed, turned off sensors and take off again and the MP flew between the trees like a charm.........but at the end of the flight i realised that after landing the tripod mode switched off and i forgot to put it on again........so all the flight was without sensor and no tripod :D
About RTH i used my normal setting (return to take off point) because it was clear that in case of emergency there was no way for the MP to fly out from that very crowded trees, leaves and branches environement without crashing......so i just followed the bird and reducing to zero the risk of RTH kicking in.
Cheers

Very nicely done.[emoji106]Now for a challenge.Lets try that again in sports mode.[emoji12]

Last edited:
Reactions: ryo
Very nicely done.[emoji106]Now for a challenge.Lets try that again in sports mode.[emoji12]

Yeah why not......i was thinking to get the goggles anyway so can add a new MP and save with shipping fees. :p

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu